'Verified' photos?? selfies?

Punam0
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

'Verified' photos?? selfies?

I've had someone just book with me who has got a Verified 'Selfie' as a superman picture?? Surely that's not allowed.

10 Replies 10
Kimberly54
Level 10
San Diego, CA

@Punam0, you may decline.

I certainly would.

Best,

Kim
Punam0
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Apparently people can change their profile pic after it is verified...This is the responce I got from AirbnbBHelp on Twitter: "

Hi Punam, we require guests to upload a selfie upon creating an account to verify it is them. However, after verification is completed, they can change their profile picture. Read more here: abnb.co/ZcQAbm. We hope this clears up the confusion!"

If I cancel their booking - am I being discriminatory to all Supermans of the world?!  🙂

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

The verified selfie is not the same as the profile picture, @Punam0. They have verified with Airbnb, and then uploaded another photo for their profile, as you have done yourself. You can ask that they upload a photo that is as clear as yours if you need to be able to identify them that way. 

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I see you got your answer, @Punam0. I wouldn't cancel before asking them to upload the sort of photo you require. Just explain why you need it. 

Punam0
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Yeah, I'm not going to cancel but I didnt realise you could have a profile pic that was a movie character - but apparently you can.  If I was booking somewhere myself, I wouldn't book with someone who had that as a profile picture.

Jiw0
Level 10
Chiang Mai, Thailand

LOL.   Next they'll allow changing the account to someone completely different after verifying ID card information.   

Also:  "We hope this clears up the confusion!"

(Ehhmmm.. no,  they've just added to it. )

Mark26
Level 10
Melbourne Beach, FL

@Jiw0  Oh come on... Be honest.  Not only does it clear up the confusion, but it gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling all over.  Why, I'll bet it even makes you want to buy the world a Coke.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I recognise very few of my Guests from their picture, even when I can see looking closely it was most likely them.

David
Punam0
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

The thing is, I am sharing my home with complete strangers. I live alone so like to know who is coming into my home. It should be as safe as possible for hosts and guests. 

Aaron393
Level 1
Roseville, CA

I’ve read the other posts and I guess I’m still not sure I like the idea of a profile pic not being of the person.  How am I supposed to know who to expect at my place?    The recent reservation has a profile pic of the back of two persons heads.     But Im Hesitant to cancel the instant booking.  

Thoughts?