Very critical review!

TracieandJason0
Level 8
Philadelphia, PA

Very critical review!

I had a bad guest. She clearly was trying to have a party and I had to have the reservation canceled. I’m glad she left quickly and left no damages but I just got an email that she left me a review. I am expecting the worst and will wait until the last day to review her so my currents upcoming guests have a delay in seeing her review on my page. 

My question is, can I put the same review I put on her page as a response to whatever she writes on mine? Or would it be better to write a different reply? Below is a draft of what I think I will leave as a review for her, 

Maria booked for herself and a friend stating she was ‘adventuring out in Philadelphia.’ Upon checking in, I was disappointed to see that she had moved my front door security camera to face the wall and away from incoming guests. I asked her to return the camera to it’s original position and she complied but I could now see why she did that in first place. She brought a hookah, alcohol and a 3rd unregistered guest. When I asked her to have her guest leave immediately, she protested whilst also asking permission for 4 more guests to stay! Maria abused my trust and I could unfortunately no longer accommodate her reservation. I would strongly not recommend Maria as a guest and would suggest she only book with hotels in the future.”

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@TracieandJason0  Review sounds fine, except don't mention the hookah and alcohol- I read that hosts have had their reviews taken down for mentioning drugs or alcohol (and there's no rule about guests not bringing either of these things, unless you have that under your house rules). You could just substitute hookah and alcohol with "party supplies" and other hosts will get what you're talking about, I think.

As far as the review response, wait until you see her review. At this point you don't know what she's going to write, even though you know it'll likely be bad. So play it by ear, according to what she says. But keep the response brief, many hosts write long responses, which isn't necessary. 

@Sarah977 Wow thank you for telling me this! I think I will shorten my review like @Paul154 suggested and change it to "party supplies" as you have. 

"This guest booked stating she was just 'adventuring out in Philadelphia' but upon check in, brought party supplies, moved my security camera and brought a stranger without letting me know ahead of time. When asked to have the stranger leave, she revealed she wanted to bring 4 more people. This guest is best suited to a hotel." 

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Too long, too much drama, too many chances you will rub a prospective guest the wrong way.

"Best suited to a hotel"