Very slow payouts

Answered!
Mark398
Level 3
Buckfastleigh, United Kingdom

Very slow payouts

Hi, I am in UK - I am really really fed up, frustrated and angry at the payout system from AirBnB.

The payouts have become really late and I have to chase and chase AirBnB to get them at all. I have actually stopped taking new bookings as this is so bad. Just wondering whether other people are having the same issue, particularly in the UK?

If so, I'd love to hear from you, as I note that AirBnB is regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority. If there is a pattern of bad behaviour on late payouts, I am minded to raise a formal complaint with the UK FSA - AirBnB no doubt think I am powerless.

Well, I am prepared to take them on with the FSA unless they get their act together. In this day and age it SHOULD NOT take over 14 days or more to get a payout from when it due. Really bad.

1 Best Answer
Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Laura1920 @Steve41 

I'm so sorry to hear you've had this issue. Could you let me know if you've now received your payouts and/or if you can see them scheduled in your Transaction History?

As you may have seen on other threads around the CC lately, there was a technical issue which affected payouts due between 18-20 July. The Payments team identified the issue and it is now fixed, so if you still can't see any record of the payment in your Transaction History then it could be that your payment is being affected by a different issue, so do let me know.

View Best Answer in original post

150 Replies 150
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Sgegede0 

Have you completed the Exchange for free form mentioned in the link below.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2495/do-i-need-to-complete-the-exchange4free-form-thats-sent-to-...

Clare248
Level 2
Hawarden, United Kingdom

I’m currently experiencing payouts arriving late, usually take 2 days but still waiting 6 days plus.  Also my last payout showed on my bank statement as coming from City Bank not Airbnb, anyone else getting this

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Clare248,

Sorry to hear your payment is taking longer than normal. Does everything look correct in your Payment Transaction History section on your Airbnb account? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lizzie @Clare248 @Alan496 

Lizzie,

Whenever transition payments from UK to Citibank Eire have occurred it has meant a delay in payments. It seems to be a universal observation.

It just occurred in the UK a couple of weeks ago. There's a small post by a London Host called Daniel to which I was the only other contributor. (I've briefly perused 'Search' but can't find it immediately.) Daniel noted the change to Citibank Eire led to a new '5 day' delay in payment. I had 3 payments due at the time, and they all arrived 4 - 5 days later than normal. I have another one since and waiting now again a few days and still to receive. 

In my 'Search' I came across the following post from 2017

Longer payout time since Citibank.

Consequently, it would be helpful if you let Airbnb know the concern of Hosts who are now having to wait quite a few days longer for payments. 

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lizzie 

ps.  Another thread one from the last 24 hours.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Alon1 

Thanks for this great insight - as @Lizzie is on vacation right now, I will share this with the team.

Thanks again,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Same is happening to me - all of a sudden, payments that arrived like clockwork within 24 hours of check in are now taking days on end to turn up in my account. System shows that the payment has been released, but then nothing happens and then 4 or 5 days later, a payment showing as a Bank Giro Credit appears. Seems to have come from Citibank Eire rather than Airbnb Payments UK Ltd. So, basically, without anyone's knowledge, you have changed your payment source from one in the UK to one abroad and this is what is causing the delays. Pretty shabby trick, really. 

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Stephanie @Susan17 

Hi Stephanie,

I'm glad you're picking up the baton for Lizzie.

Since you are perusing this thread, I'm sure it hasn't escaped your attention  the person who is bringing the greatest insight to this discussion is currently Susan from Dublin.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Alon1 ,

Of course @Susan17 often gives a high level of quality detail for us to feedback and this is no exception. This topic in it's entirety will be relayed 🙂

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Thanks @Stephanie, and @Alon1, but unfortunately, I don't really have any real insights either. I have very little knowledge of financial matters and processes but in the continuing absence of any details or information whatsoever from Airbnb on the issue, just trying to figure things out and fit the pieces of the puzzle together, like everyone else. 

It’ll am very angry at Airbnb’s new Irish payment system. There is nothing technically to stop same day payments so why aren’t Airbnb using that system. The only reasonable explanation is that they wish to hang on to and use their clients money for as long as possible!!!

@Stephanie 

Please forward the following to the team, Steph... 

Airbnb has a duty of care to their hosts, not to mention, a legal responsibility - as per their own Payments ToS - to inform and update affected users, without delay, of exactly what's going on with the sudden and unexplained changes in source and timing of their payments.

Some UK hosts are now reporting delayed and missing payments as far back as July and August, although at this point, it's unclear whether this relates to the apparent recent changes in payment processing entities, or as a result of the usual long-term, known "glitches" that every Airbnb irregularity gets blamed on. It's simply not acceptable - legally, morally or ethically - that committed, hardworking hosts should be left completely in the dark, and stonewalled by CX when trying to trace money that is rightfully theirs. 

In many instances, it's people's livelihoods we're talking about here, and countless hosts are being left short of income they're depending on to pay mortgages, rents, bills, school fees, family expenses etc. etc. Not only that, many are being hit with penalties from their banks when the expected Airbnb funds aren't arriving in their accounts in time to meet their own financial obligations, so they're out of pocket for that too. 

Sort it out, Airbnb. Host earnings are not the company's own personal piggy-bank, to play with as they see fit. 

Lee448
Level 1
Leeds, United Kingdom

Look correct? We know how to do that and to advise as such is just refusing to answer the question It’s the same when we call. The bottom line Airbnb have altered their payment schedule and it’s their duty to tell it as it is We so tired of the 5 business days merry go round

Are you actually working for Airbnb and what are you going to do about all the complaints on this forum. I am going to complain to the FCA as suggested in another thread. I am still waiting on payment of guests that checked out days ago this is completely unacceptable 

@Sarah3160  If you are addressing another poster here, you have to tag them so they know they have a response. It is unclear who you are replying to. And no one who is posting here except for the forum moderators, Lizzie, Stephanie, and Quincy works for Airbnb- we are all just other hosts or guests.