Very slow payouts

Answered!
Mark398
Level 3
Buckfastleigh, United Kingdom

Very slow payouts

Hi, I am in UK - I am really really fed up, frustrated and angry at the payout system from AirBnB.

The payouts have become really late and I have to chase and chase AirBnB to get them at all. I have actually stopped taking new bookings as this is so bad. Just wondering whether other people are having the same issue, particularly in the UK?

If so, I'd love to hear from you, as I note that AirBnB is regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority. If there is a pattern of bad behaviour on late payouts, I am minded to raise a formal complaint with the UK FSA - AirBnB no doubt think I am powerless.

Well, I am prepared to take them on with the FSA unless they get their act together. In this day and age it SHOULD NOT take over 14 days or more to get a payout from when it due. Really bad.

1 Best Answer
Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Laura1920 @Steve41 

I'm so sorry to hear you've had this issue. Could you let me know if you've now received your payouts and/or if you can see them scheduled in your Transaction History?

As you may have seen on other threads around the CC lately, there was a technical issue which affected payouts due between 18-20 July. The Payments team identified the issue and it is now fixed, so if you still can't see any record of the payment in your Transaction History then it could be that your payment is being affected by a different issue, so do let me know.

View Best Answer in original post

150 Replies 150
MarkAndJo0
Level 2
Saint Harmon, United Kingdom

Ok .. here is an update of our situation and I am sure it will sound familiar to those hosts that are deliberately being lied to by Airbnb. 

They owe us more than £1000 and have not paid anything since August. 

They have asked us to change bank accounts, re-send details, confirm, resend, confirm,  label bank account as default etc etc.   
 So I call once a week.  I get asked to confirm all the details. Then I am put on hold for 5 minutes.  Then I am asked more details and put on hold for 10 minutes.  Then I am transferred to a " case manager "  who tells me what I already know but just in case asks me to confirm all my details and perhaps call my bank. 

Then this case manager tells me that he is now personally handling the case and totally understands and can reassure me that this matter will be dealt with and he will personally call me back today.  

I get no phone call, the case closes within a few days .. I do not get any money.  They lie. 
 Of course this is absolutely infuriating.   I have now closed my business to Airbnb, turning guests away and loosing money.   
 I am guessing it's time to take them to court and I am at looking for a valid email address so that I can notify them of this intention.  Then I will claim for what they owe me and for damages. 

Any company that behaves like this should be exposed and made accountable by the law .... not by individuals who are given the runaround and lied to in repayment for their hard work as hosts. 

Good luck to anyone in a similar situation and please let us know how it is going. 

@MarkAndJo0 

Below is the email address of Airbnb Payments legal dept. Also details of the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) should you wish to report. Screenshot_20191026-112123.png

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @MarkAndJo0 ,

So sorry to hear about this frustrating situation. I've shared your post with the CS team and I hope to get an update for you soon.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Alan-and-Angie0
Level 2
Bowmanville, Canada

Switch to Paypal if you can.  I get my Airbnb payment at noon on checkout day and I usually get a Paypal confirmation that I have the money an hour later.

Do you pay Paypal fees? Having same problem as many other hosts, yet am receiving money in 5 days. Terrible for those not getting any money for all their hard work.

But surely we have to pay fees using PayPal?

James2140
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I have been an air bnb and host for about a year, 

it use to be that like clock work the day after check in , funds would be released and the day after that I d receive it. 
lately that seems to have changed , now it’s days and days before funds arrive. 
luckily I m not dependant on the money particularly but something’s definitely changed for me regards how they transfer the money. No changes from me, account still the same etc. 

Jayne149
Level 2
Morecambe, United Kingdom

Yes it's the frustration of not knowing why its changed and no-one seems able to tell me after quite a few calls and messages. Have now changed it to Paypal and will see if it arrives quicker with no fees. To me its the principle of hanging onto our money for longer than they used to and yet 2 friends still receive it within hours.

Matt3132
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Here's what I just got from Airbnb:

Me: are you going to fix it so that the payments don't take 5 days?

Airbnb Support ( Prachi B)
11:39
Matt, due to integration in the process there is a delay in the payments, however, we our product team is working on this so that it gets fixed as soon as possible to avoid any hassle for our members, and we can resume it to be working as usual.
However, as the integration is taking place, we cannot promise how long it would take as of now to get this fixed but our team is working on this to get it fixed.

What a load of tosh. Fobbed off to one of their call centres in Another country. The grammar isn’t even correct!

Imogen23
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

Just to let everyone know.. I have switched to PayPal payments as I was not prepared to wait for the week delay.  I will keep an eye on forum for any updates on bank transfers. '@Annemarie211  @Susan17  @Ann72  thank you for your help

I have read this a few times on this forum.But do you have to pay PayPal fees? Thanks. 

@Sarah3160 No fee if you have a personal account and there is a fee for business account. I am new to airbnb, tried paypal payout once, the fund appeared on my paypal account within 2 hours after receiving an email saying fund has been sent. This time I am trying bank transfer, 4 days since guests checked in. Still have not seen a cent from airbnb on the bank balance.

Good morning everyone, I have to agree. The new payment system here in the UK is dreadful. Payments for hosting are taking a lot longer. It becomes difficult to plan financially for hosts when payments are needlessly withheld by Airbnb. I am disappointed that Airbnb have decided upon this business model. Heidi 

Airbnb, please may I ask why have you not contacted all UK hosts to explain that there is a problem? I can not fathom why you would wish to treat your hosts, the heart of your business plan, like they don’t matter. Because that is how you feel. You work your socks off to make sure every guest has a special stay and then you are left waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for payment. Disappointing service.