Very slow payouts

Answered!
Mark398
Level 3
Buckfastleigh, United Kingdom

Very slow payouts

Hi, I am in UK - I am really really fed up, frustrated and angry at the payout system from AirBnB.

The payouts have become really late and I have to chase and chase AirBnB to get them at all. I have actually stopped taking new bookings as this is so bad. Just wondering whether other people are having the same issue, particularly in the UK?

If so, I'd love to hear from you, as I note that AirBnB is regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority. If there is a pattern of bad behaviour on late payouts, I am minded to raise a formal complaint with the UK FSA - AirBnB no doubt think I am powerless.

Well, I am prepared to take them on with the FSA unless they get their act together. In this day and age it SHOULD NOT take over 14 days or more to get a payout from when it due. Really bad.

1 Best Answer
Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Laura1920 @Steve41 

I'm so sorry to hear you've had this issue. Could you let me know if you've now received your payouts and/or if you can see them scheduled in your Transaction History?

As you may have seen on other threads around the CC lately, there was a technical issue which affected payouts due between 18-20 July. The Payments team identified the issue and it is now fixed, so if you still can't see any record of the payment in your Transaction History then it could be that your payment is being affected by a different issue, so do let me know.

View Best Answer in original post

150 Replies 150

My payment are now delayed by 4 days. Monies are being sent from CITIBANK IRE FIN S.

I was previously receiving payments made over the weekend on Mondays and other payments the same day as the email notification ie the day after the guest checks in.

Another day, another financial irregularity - that's Airbnb for ya, @Sarah977!

And now it appears that they're strongly leaning towards a Direct Listing, as opposed to a traditional IPO too - in which case, they'll be able to avoid the same levels of scrutiny and inspection before going public. How very convenient. 

Imogen23
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

I have been looking into alternative ways to be paid.

Does anyone have an opinion about using paypal?  It says that it can be made in 3 hours but that it may incur fees.

When I use paypal to pay people I dont incur fees and when taking it out of my paypal account to my bank account I dont pay fees either.

Would love to hear any opinions 

HI!!! Trying to solve the LATE PAYOUTS occurring lately I see in all messages by changing it into PAYPAL but the Payout method function doesn't let me do add a different payment........!  Have a VERY LATE PAYMENT issue and having hard time ........   CAN ANYONE HELP????  All I get from the support center is APOLOGISES and request of time ...... No solutions.

@Imogen23  I invoiced an off-platform guest with Paypal for the first time recently, and was charged a 3% fee.  It worked very well, but in future I'll add 3% to cover that fee.

Imogen23
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

thank you Ann72 I am not sure what an off-platform guest means.. not via airbnb?.. 

I am trying to avoid any additional fees.. .. when I use PayPal to send money to people I don't pay fees. I am still not 100% sure if they will pay a fee for transferring money from Airbnb to paypal

@Imogen23  Yes, it means it was not through Airbnb.  And yes, Paypal doesn't charge you to send money, only to receive it.  But I don't know if you will see a Paypal fee if you use that method to receive your Airbnb payments.

Imogen23
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

There was no additional fee.

Best wishes

Annemarie211
Level 2
Winchester, United Kingdom

Imogen23  I get Airbnb to transfer the money to my PayPal account.  It is pretty much instant, much better than the citibank transfers into my current account.  Would recommend changing your preferences for payouts.

Hi there... do you pay fees to PayPal or Airbnb? Do you receive full amount if your booking cost. I mean an additional extra fee.

i had a guest arrive the 30th and I am still waiting for the money. 

@Annemarie211 wrote:

Imogen23  I get Airbnb to transfer the money to my PayPal account.  It is pretty much instant, much better than the citibank transfers into my current account.  Would recommend changing your preferences for payouts.

Imogen23
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

Thank you for your reply.thats really helpful do you pay an additional fee for this?

Annemarie211
Level 2
Winchester, United Kingdom

Thank you Susan and others for the information. I have just sent a complaint to Airbnb about the delay in payments. Don’t expect them to respond.  I find it un ethical that funds take so long to arrive. Guests pay when booking, funds should be in my bank account when guest is in my house surely?  

Will keep following this thread.  Citibank Ire sounds dodgy to me from the info you shared Susan.   Thank you again!

Annemarie

@Annemarie211  I sent a complaint too. All they could say was Sorry that I'm not happy and to contact them if the money does not arrive within the dates quoted. Just makes me mad that I've had a guest for 5 days. He checked out today and I got my money today.. 😤😤

MarkAndJo0
Level 2
Saint Harmon, United Kingdom

Airbnb owes me more than £1000.  No payouts for more than two months. I have called, I have emailed, they have lied !!!!!!  

@Annemarie211 @MarkAndJo0 

Have you seen the contact details (including phone numbers) of Airbnb Payment UK's legal department, and the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) a couple of pages back in this thread?

You might as well be howling at the moon, as trying to get straight answers from Airbnb Customer Service! Report them to the FCA if needs be. They've been playing silly beggars with host payouts for years. It's about time they started being held accountable.