Very slow payouts

Answered!
Mark398
Level 3
Buckfastleigh, United Kingdom

Very slow payouts

Hi, I am in UK - I am really really fed up, frustrated and angry at the payout system from AirBnB.

The payouts have become really late and I have to chase and chase AirBnB to get them at all. I have actually stopped taking new bookings as this is so bad. Just wondering whether other people are having the same issue, particularly in the UK?

If so, I'd love to hear from you, as I note that AirBnB is regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority. If there is a pattern of bad behaviour on late payouts, I am minded to raise a formal complaint with the UK FSA - AirBnB no doubt think I am powerless.

Well, I am prepared to take them on with the FSA unless they get their act together. In this day and age it SHOULD NOT take over 14 days or more to get a payout from when it due. Really bad.

1 Best Answer
Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Laura1920 @Steve41 

I'm so sorry to hear you've had this issue. Could you let me know if you've now received your payouts and/or if you can see them scheduled in your Transaction History?

As you may have seen on other threads around the CC lately, there was a technical issue which affected payouts due between 18-20 July. The Payments team identified the issue and it is now fixed, so if you still can't see any record of the payment in your Transaction History then it could be that your payment is being affected by a different issue, so do let me know.

View Best Answer in original post

150 Replies 150
Lorna162
Level 1
Ogmore-by-Sea, United Kingdom

We’re in the same boat

Lorna162
Level 1
Ogmore-by-Sea, United Kingdom

Totally unacceptable.. editing for nearly a month for two payouts. Airbnb are usually prompt in paying but I have chased and chased them and nothing!! How can I take new guests if I’m not paid for the last? I’m seriously considering reporting them and getting legal advice.  Simply unacceptable business practice . Anyone else had any luck with support? 

@Lorna162 Our payments are actually coming through faster than normal. I do hope the law of averages does not mean this is why yours are delayed.

Can I suggest you check your transactions to make sure any covid cancellations are not being incorrectly used to stop your payments.

Also do check that the bank account details on your account haven't been hacked.

Lesley28
Level 3
California, United States

@Lorna162 have you received help? No one will help me and they owe me over $6200. Ive been calling everyday and get the same runaround

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

I have not noticed any difference in payout delay over the past 3 years, every payout has arrived when I have expected it. That is not to say it arrived when Airbnb released it, it arrived eventually after Airbnb and the banking industry played games with it for a while.

The Airbnb system is to a certain extent corrupt!

I can do a bank transfer to another account anywhere in the world, and the transfer takes place immediately, almost in the blink of an eye.....once I hit 'submit' that little revolving wheel of death in the middle of my screen spins for no more than 5 seconds before the transfer of my money is confirmed by, the airline, Amazon, Ebay, Ezibuy, Harvey Norman.....anyone I do online business with. It doesn't matter what the time of day or day of week, it is always the same.....it's electronic and instantaneous.

Airbnb's transfer system does not operate in the same way as the universally accepted banking industry.

They state they will release the payout 24 hours after the guest arrives. That is not strictly true, and they confirm this is not true by stating alongside the payout advice that funds will be available in my account by a date that is up to 7 days behind the release date. What they are saying is, they will think about putting the payout into 'processing' mode which simply means it is no longer showing up as future transaction, it is showing as 'floating' in the system somewhere. All those little bts and Mbs and Gbs and Tbs, need a bit of time to get their act together!

Payout delay.png

There is always a minimum of 4 days between the release time and the time I actually see the funds in my account. And I say minimum because, no Airbnb transfers take place over a weekend! Airbnb takes our money for a spin around the block between Friday afternoon and Monday morning!

They would not put an estimated arrival date if transfers happened as they should!

And it stands to reason, $4m a day earns a bit of interest so you can see why they are doing it.

Just wish they would be a little bit more honest and tell us our payouts will be released to our account between 4 and 7 days after the guest arrives.

On the flip side my Stayz (now VRBO)  payouts always arrive the day after the guest arrives.....just when they say they will!

Airbnb operates a fairly unique payout system!

Cheers.......Rob

Elizabeth2170
Level 2
New York, NY

This has become systematic.  I have been with AirBnB almost seven years.  I am on to them.  They are holding our money an extra day and earning millions in interest.  This is our money!

I can’t tell you have many times I have called after the 24 hours to have my money released.

I am an attorney and am contacting a colleague about putting together a class action matter.  They only care about the shareholders now - and maximizing profit on the backs of the hosts.

Send me a private email at:  Elizabeth@mehlinglaw.com if you would like to be included in the class action.  

Thanks!!

I'm in Canada. Can I still join the lawsuit?

Has anyone tried to block the guest from accessing the unit and then telling them to complain to AirBNB?

Angus16
Level 2
Napier, New Zealand

Guests arrived yesterday 

Angus16
Level 2
Napier, New Zealand

Guests arrived yesterday (10 October 2021), yet AirBnB email advises that payout won't be received until 14 October. 
it's a ripoff.
AirBnB are collecting interest at Hosts and Guests expense. 
Not just UK, this is New Zealand. 

Yvonne268
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Airbnb are slow to pay out. They say that they will pay the host within 24 hours of the booking but I have waited for a week (a full 7 days) after the guest has stayed to be paid. It is totally unacceptable and pathetically slow.

@Yvonne268 if you want to be paid quicker then use Paypal. Bank transfers seem to take just less than a week depending on weekends and bank holidays in the UK

Jenny1570
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

Hi! 

I’ve been doing Airbnb for about 3 years and for the first time have encountered very slow payouts - they’ve usually gone to PayPal within the 24 hour after check in timeframe but not this time - it’s been a week now! They’ve said that payment has been released and yet, on contacting PayPal, they’re saying there’s  no payment pending. I gave Airbnb 3 days for payment to drop ( after my guest checked in) but am now contacting them everyday to try to get to the bottom of it. Pisses me off when I suspect they’re just sitting on peoples money to accrue interest! I’m dumping them as soon as I’ve finished these next 5 bookings. Wonder what Stayz are like…? 

Namita0
Level 2
Watertown, MA

Yes, I a agree. It used to be 48 hours now it's more like 168 hours.  What's going on??

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

i use paypal and have never had an issue, but I do check off every single payment due to the various stories I read here. 

I'm not sure if it's a new thing but the last 2 days my emails no longer tell me which guest the payout was for, so now I have the extra task of checking the transactions via the website, which is annoying.