Very slow payouts

Answered!
Mark398
Level 3
Buckfastleigh, United Kingdom

Very slow payouts

Hi, I am in UK - I am really really fed up, frustrated and angry at the payout system from AirBnB.

The payouts have become really late and I have to chase and chase AirBnB to get them at all. I have actually stopped taking new bookings as this is so bad. Just wondering whether other people are having the same issue, particularly in the UK?

If so, I'd love to hear from you, as I note that AirBnB is regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority. If there is a pattern of bad behaviour on late payouts, I am minded to raise a formal complaint with the UK FSA - AirBnB no doubt think I am powerless.

Well, I am prepared to take them on with the FSA unless they get their act together. In this day and age it SHOULD NOT take over 14 days or more to get a payout from when it due. Really bad.

1 Best Answer
Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Laura1920 @Steve41 

I'm so sorry to hear you've had this issue. Could you let me know if you've now received your payouts and/or if you can see them scheduled in your Transaction History?

As you may have seen on other threads around the CC lately, there was a technical issue which affected payouts due between 18-20 July. The Payments team identified the issue and it is now fixed, so if you still can't see any record of the payment in your Transaction History then it could be that your payment is being affected by a different issue, so do let me know.

View Best Answer in original post

150 Replies 150
Sarah3160
Level 2
Swanage, GB

We are having the same problem. We have regularly not had payouts until the guest has actually left. We have been waiting2 days now since our last guest checked out still no money same before. Making for a thoroughly miserable Xmas. Appalling service from Airbnb just fob off and hang onto your money as long as possible I am truly disgusted that we have no way of doing anything about this.  Perhaps report to the tabloids?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Sarah3160,

Good to meet you, my name is Lizzie and I am a Community Manager here in the Community Center. I'm sorry to hear that you are still waiting for your payment. Can I check when you guest's checked in? 

If it has only been a few days, due to the bank holidays around this time, this may have slowed the released of the payment from the bank, but I obviously I can't be sure. If you look in your Payment History, this should provide you with more information around the status. 

If this doesn't help though, if you haven't already I would recommend contacting our Support Team directly (+44 203 318 1111  from the UK) to check everything is in order, to add though, I have also highlighted you message to a colleague of mine as well. 

Fingers crossed it will be with you shortly and if you can please do keep me posted and I will continue to try and help. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Janeenurs0
Level 1
London, GB

I too am fed up and surprised with the way Air BnB have changed payouts - having been a SuperHost for nearly 3 years I was happy enough with payments arriving on average a couple of days into the guest's stay - now as stated in many of the other hosts feedbacks reports here the payment often does not arrive until days after the guest has left. We all know that many guests book months in advance - so Air BnB introducing this slow transfer policy - basically holding on to money the hosts have earnt for renting and making available their rooms/dwellings - does nothing for improving the host's view or future relations with Air BnB or with carrying out the duties of being host. One way of looking at this is as in essence on a simple fundamental level there's diminishing or no incentive - no payment - host is carrying out duties of being host with no actual payment in sight  = before the guest arrives and during the time the guest is staying in their property  = it therefore can impinge negatively on the role without doubt.  Very short sighted of Air BnB - although I guess clear why they may be doing this on a self serving financial level. This in a time when bank transfers can be done instantly seems to mean only one thing. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Janeenurs0 

Slow payouts have been an issue for Airbnb hosts for some years now....well, ever since I have been using Airbnb. 

Their terms of service say they will release a guests payment to the hosts account 24 hours after the guest check-in......really! They have had that guests payment for in some instances months, but 24 hours go by, then 48, then 72, then 96, and then 120, then 144......and still no money shows up in the hosts account!

Why exactly is that?

I also host on a site called Homeaway Stayz and their terms of host payout are exactly the same as Airbnb's....they release the payment to the hosts account 24 hours after the guest arrives! Guess what, they do! Twenty four hours after the guest arrives I have my money.  Airbnb need to be brought to heel here! You can't say something in your terms of service and then promptly ignore it and do what ever you bloody well like. That's against the law!

If you say the money will be released to a hosts account at a due time, make bloody sure it happens....you have had the use of the guests money for long enough after all!

Airbnb are currently holding money paid for a booking of mine for Sept 2019, do you think I will get that 24 hours after the guest arrives.......fat chance!

Cheers........Rob

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Robin4 ,

I took as Sept 2019 for the booking which payments been delayed (unless you're the new Doctor Who!) Have you been in touch with CS about this? I've just pinged the team a note on this. 

Thanks,

Steph

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

I have a similar problem, over the past few months, payments are taking 5 working days after guests have checked in. In all cases of short or weekend bookings, guests have left long before the payment hits our account. Something has definitely changed in Airbnb!

Airbnb, sort this out!

Alejandro622
Level 2
Manzanillo, MX

It's everywhere, here in Mexico same problems, heard already about a host waiting for 6 weeks and still not get payment

Alejandro622
Level 2
Manzanillo, MX

It's happening also with Uber and all the a kind apps, miss the good all days when people could deposit certain amount  to your bank and then get a finally payment in cash, why don't Airbnb gets his commission from us hosts? They should find a way, we trust hour properties to them and guests, they should trust us in a way...la tecnología se vuelve obsoleta amigos

But they keep blaming on your back, Christmas, Holliday's, international transfers, it's just bla bla bla, if you can't be a good app or company don charge such a percentage, and they keep saying to wait one more day, I don't want be like the guy waiting for six weeks!!!

Joel815
Level 2
St. John's, CA

Been well over a month now I haven't received a payout and usually got them within a few days.. Contacted CS multiple times and they just say it will be fixed soon. What are we to do??

Howard149
Level 1
Saratoga Springs, NY

How long are payouts taking these days? I should have received one yesterday.

Jason1399
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hosts used to receive payouts within 1 day from guest check-in. it is now 5 days+ and counting. Yet another large corporate leveraging other peoples cash for their own financial gain. Disgraceful. 

Laura1920
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

I’m having the same problem.

i can only assume they have a massive cash flow problem and are trying to hang onto our cash for as long as possible.

like you, I am reluctant to take new bookings 

Steve41
Level 2
Cambridge, MA

Yeah.. I'm having the same problem too and not with other listing sites.

Definitely gives the impression they are about to go under.

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Laura1920 @Steve41 

I'm so sorry to hear you've had this issue. Could you let me know if you've now received your payouts and/or if you can see them scheduled in your Transaction History?

As you may have seen on other threads around the CC lately, there was a technical issue which affected payouts due between 18-20 July. The Payments team identified the issue and it is now fixed, so if you still can't see any record of the payment in your Transaction History then it could be that your payment is being affected by a different issue, so do let me know.