Vetting a cleaning lady/service

Vetting a cleaning lady/service

Hi, I'm trying to set up an outside cleaning service for my listing when I am away. I have a recommendation for an individual who comes highly recommended from another host I know locally.

My listing is a master bedroom with a separate entrance. It's a simple turn over. They will need to enter my house and use the laundry and any other cleaning appliances, replenish supplies, etc. So - this complete stranger basically will be in my home. You can imagine my caution.

My question is what are recommended steps to vet, identify, and document this individual for own peace of mind? Beyond making a copy of her identification, and getting her full name, address, all that. Background check? What should I do to verify her and protect myself?

Just wondering how to properly vet a stranger before allowing her to enter my home for listing turnover while I am away. She was highly recommended and I trust that, but still, I don't know her personally yet and it's my house. 

Thanks for any suggestions. 

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

You can pay to do a criminal record check, but personally, if she was highly recommended by someone you trust, they obviously haven't had any issues with theft or anything, so I wouldn't be that concerned. I'd maybe move anything really valuable or sensitive personal paperwork to a friend of relative's house to avoid any worry. @Christopher64