Victory to the host

Brian68
Level 9
Surat Thani, Thailand

Victory to the host

This morning I woke up to a revew from my latest guest claiming my photgraphs were fake and taken from another apartment along with other salty comments such as "Using a wide angle lens to make the apartment look bigger. It is a 102 Sqm one bedroom, why on earth would I need to do that?

I immediately contacted Airbnb to explain that they are real photos, produced evidence from the photographer, invoices, disclaimer etc...

I also pointed out that they were watermarked with my apartment number on them.

As well as this there are many reviews commenting on the great views and size of the apartment on my listing.

It never fails to amaze me the length some guests will go to damage your reputation on a baseless made up piece of information.

As it turned out I had given permission to our property owners to use my photographs for their own publicity. He assumed they were their intellectual property and that I had stolen them.

Airbnb did stop short of insisting I take a video of my place inside and out after having reviewed a mountain of evidence that completely contradicted his fabrication.

The review was removed within 3 hours under the grounds of defamation and potential libelous content and he was warned about his future comments in host reviews.

Well done and thank you Airbnb for being so quick to address and remove a potentially damaging littany of lies. 

Hosts 1  numpty guests 0 

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Good for you!!