Video Tour and Drone Video Footage

Spencer37
Level 3
Charleston, SC

Video Tour and Drone Video Footage

I have our rental properties listed on several different listing sites, and want to implore all Hosts to send feedback messages to AirBnB requesting that they add the option for Hosts to post video walk-through tours of their rental properties in order to give potential guests a more accurate understanding of the property. It also benefits the Hosts that are serious about their rental property business and have invested in professional videography as a differentiator to attract more bookings. If AirBnB is concerned about the bandwidth of accepting video uploads and storing them on their servers, then they should at least allow for links to YouTube videos to be posted after review by the AirBnB team to ensure the video meets all the guidelines. HomeAway offers the ability to post approved video tours, and I have had many guests who have told me the video footage was the deciding factor that allowed them to choose my Villa over others they were deciding between. 

Please, let AirBnB know that this is important to Hosts by contacting them to create the urgency. They are collecting their fees, they need to be providing us with all the tools in order to succeed as a small business.

21 Replies 21
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

If you have a good idea that you want Air BNB to consider, @Spencer37, post in Host Voice so hosts can support and if there is sufficient support, the suggestion will be sent to Air BNB team.

Allan20
Level 2
Denver, CO

Agreed! Airbnb is the 800 pound gorilla of the “Rent Your Pad”, so I suppose they can do what they want, but shouldn’t their attitude be, “let’s be ahead of every good trend, and exceed our hosts as well as our guests expectations“?

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Biggest issue I have is people making enquiries who despite the map seem to be clueless where I am in relationship as to where they want to be, a feature showing the driving distance form your search point would be nice.

David
Matthew147
Level 3
Chicago, IL

So is this really a question AirBnB?  I mean you're all about us hosts overachieving to make the stay of the individuals more awesome and standing out from our competition.  How can you not allow us to do a simple walkthrough video?

Kip0
Level 9
Virginia Beach, VA

Agreed! Let's allow videos of all kinds - I think it will really help attract more guests to the experience!

Ken230
Level 2
Montrose, PA

Wholehearteldy agree.  We have a video up on VRBO and the video alone has taken business from AirBnB.  It makes no sense to me at all why this isn't already a done deal.  It's not rocket science for a tech based company...which AirBnB is!  Come on,  make this happen!! 

Colin191
Level 1
East London, South Africa

What is their problem with videos?

Allan20
Level 2
Denver, CO

I'm guessing that the issue has to do with the whole cloak and dagger secrecy thing. If you imbed something in your video, whether it be a sign saying "Email me directly at JohnDoe@email.com" or a verbal cue saying the same thing, Airbnb might be worrying about you as a host circumventing the system, essentially stealing revenue. I could be wrong, and kinda hope I am, but until someone explains why that isn't it I'll have my suspicions. Thoughts, anyone?

Timothy467
Level 2
Euless, TX

**[Advertisement removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise on the Community Center. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

please stop spamming our community @Timothy467 

Hey thank you for the shout out. No one was spamming. Airbnb support told me to make my post here. I have already filmed a couple locations for host that will vouch for me. Sorry you felt that way but thank you for double checking. Have a nice day.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Timothy467, unfortunately, it's not allowed to advertise on the community. If in doubt, please feel free to read the community guidelines here https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Center-Updates/Community-Center-Guidelines-Updated/td-...

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

 this is what support said. Based on that I feel like this is where I could post. Can you tell me/us where we can present services to hosts.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can do what any other business does when wanting to sell its services @Timothy467 

Research and develop a marketing plan to help you identify the best channels to reach your target market .

Invest in marketing and advertising to drive your target market to your channels such as websites/social media etc