Viewing my own pricing under a booking request

Viewing my own pricing under a booking request

When someone makes a booking request, it covers up my pricing on the calendar and there seems to be no way for me to view what I had the nightly pricing set at.

Is there any way around this so that I can see the pricing (other than declining the request)?

8 Replies 8
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Yes, the details of the booking request should have a breakdown of the rates each night plus fees. I sometimes notice, though, that breakdown and total don’t include any taxes specified.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Christopher187 

If I am reading your question correctly all the the pricing details for that particular request will be on the right hand side of the message stream with that guest. as per this screenshot.

Booking pricing details..png

And if it is a request or an enquiry the costs will show like this. What the guest will pay will not be shown, only the relevant dates and what you charge.....

Booking pricing details..png b.png 3.png

The prices shown will be those applicable to that guest and relate to the pricing at that time.

When I contacted my last guest in the message stream earlier last week, I was looking at the cost breakdown and my initial reaction was Airbnb had made a mistake, they had my nightly rate wrong.

Booking pricing details..png b.png

Then I looked at the booking date and realised the booking had been made back in Sept 2020 when I was asking $5 less a night!

The details you need should be there in the message stream Christopher.

Cheers.........Rob

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Pat271 @Robin4  That isn't what @Christopher187  is asking about, as far as I read his post.  He says when the calendar shows the dates blocked with the guest's name on them, the price he had per night on the calendar itself is no longer visible.

As some hosts have reported here, there are sometimes glitches where the price it shows on the booking confirmation is not the price the host had set on the calendar. A host might want to check that if it seems not right.

@Christopher187  That is true, the daily price no longer shows on the calendar when the booked guests appear there. If you want to have a record of that, you'd have to take some screenshots of your calendar before the dates are booked.

Sarah has it right.  The host can no longer see the price of any given date on the calendar.  I have someone who is requesting 2 months, and I feel pretty strongly that Airbnb has calculated the total wrong, but I can't view my own calendar prices to check it.

Absolutely right. It's bewildering why they wouldn't show this. 

Angelica-Y-Jorge0
Level 10
Mazatlán, Mexico

@Christopher187  @Robin4 post with host payout. The host payout would reflect by day what was previously shown on your calendar.

A thought I had with it being a 2-month booking. Do you have a monthly discount set up that could have been subtracted from the total?

Jorge

@Angelica-Y-Jorge0  Hosts have reported here before that the amount the guest was charged was NOT the amount the host had listed for and there weren't any discount discrepancies. Airbnb has endless tech glitches. 

Marc8251
Level 2
Port Antonio, Jamaica

Joining in with this complaint. I thought it was just because I am a newbie and don't really know the insider ins and outs of this site/app. Now I see that it is a rather basic app that still I guess uses the architecture it had when it began. It's very bare-bones, actually. I am also starting to wonder about the payouts and figures I am seeing. And other glitches too. For example, tonight a guest wrote me to say, 'you said there was no change fee to change my dates, and I noticed that I was indeed charged a change fee'. Now, not only do I not see what the guest is sent, to see what random 'fees' they are or are not charging him, but in this case, the original request that Airbnb shows me was for him to stay Aug. 1-3.  But his requested new dates in his message to me was for Aug. 1-3. So what they are showing me as his original request is not correct. What the app needs is an 'Audit Trail' that others have, that show you every time-stamped action/change that was made, no matter how minor.  Right now, I feel I have to keep some kind of written tick-tock of every single thing that happens through the life cycle of a booking. I want to be shown something that shows clearly this narrative, 'You originally charged $100 for this room. John booked it at that price. On Date X, you changed the price to $115', etc., etc. This is not how an app should be working in 2021; one of the most famous businesses in the world.