Views but no bookings

Jordan478
Level 2
Copenhagen, Denmark

Views but no bookings

Hello everyone,

I have been a host for over a month now, and for the past couple of weeks I am having trouble getting bookings.

We have quite a lot of views, but none of those have lead to any booking.

Is there anything I am doing wrong? Does anyone have any tips?

Here is the link to my listing: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/41934959

Thanks a lot for your help.

10 Replies 10
John1574
Level 10
Providence, RI

-  

@Jordan478 

Nice place. it looks like you are doing everything right. 

In many parts of the AirBnB world January and February are extremely slow months.  I've had only two or three guests during that time, but I know I'll be so busy the rest of the year that it doesn't bother me. I see it as a opportunity to have a little break.

One suggestion I would try is to upgrade the size Of your bed to a king or queen instead of a full size bed. I love the bedframe you using but in my part of the world I can find a beautiful old bed frames very inexpensively online or in the antique warehouses. 

Good luck and hang tough, things will pick up soon. Barring any worldwide pandemic that shuts traveling down for the next 18 months. I hope not. LOL Although AirBnB's should fare better than the hotel/motel/travel industry.

-

Hi John,

Thanks a lot for the answer. I do understand January and February could be quite slow because it is a low season, although I have been getting bookings up until May (including).

I do not have any bookings from May on though, which is supposed to be high season.

Of course this could also be because of coronavirus 😞

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jordan478  Not every view is from a potential guest. For instance, when you are active on this forum, other hosts will often take a look at your listing, like John just did with yours, so that we can give an informed response, based on what you have written or shown in your listing info. Other hosts in your area may do so as well, to see what the competition is doing. All those will show as views. 

And some people just like to peruse Airbnb listings to see what's out there, even if they have no intention of travelling or booking at the time. Armchair travelers, so to speak.

So it's not a given that all the views are from guests actively looking for a place and just passed over yours to book something else.

Leanne99
Level 10
Adelaide, Australia

Hi @Jordan478 

Your place looks great!

It seems you’ve had a pretty good run of bookings through Feb and bookings to May which is very positive.

My experience of Airbnb guests is that it’s a bit more of a last minute or later minute market. 
I have had some longer planned bookings for events and weddings etc but mostly my  guests seem to only be looking a few weeks in advance. This seems true of at least some of the other hosts’ calendars I look at too.

Also as noted, the Corona virus situation will be dampening people’s travel plans at the moment.

Best wishes,

Leanne

Hi @Leanne99

Thanks a lot for the answer!

What you are saying makes 100% total sense.

Thanks a lot again 🙂

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Jordan478, I agree with the others here. Your listing looks fantastic and your reviews are great, so I can't see anything you're doing 'wrong'. There are many possible reasons for slow bookings, time of the year being the first - I suspect hat not that many people are travelling to Denmark in the middle of winter. Second, most people (in my experience) do not book far in advance. Most of my bookings are within days or weeks, not months. Third, unfortunately you've started hosting at a time when the world is facing a possible global pandemic, which is having a major impact on travel. My bookings are down by at least 50%, which I'm sure is due to Covid-19 as normally this is peak season for me. I think we're looking at many more months of this. To be honest, though, I don't really want people staying in my home who've just got off planes from random parts of the world! Fourth, once you reach Superhost status (as I'm sure you will), your listing will become more visible. So, keep doing what you're doing and it will pick up. 

Hi @Kath9 ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this.

You answer is much appreciated!

All the best from Denmark!

Jordan

Audrey-Marie0
Level 2
Ballyhillin, Ireland

Hi Jordan 

I see you have one very negative comment at the top of the section which might put perspective guests off booking however the other comments are very good. Just from the point of view of an AirBnB customer myself I notice you dont have fire or carbon monoxide alarms. That would be a big negative for me. Your place looks wonderful and you have lovely images however your bathroom has a lot of personal items that you could have cleared before taking the photo. You use your bathroom of course but your stuff doesnt have to be in the photo for your AirBnB profile. It looks as though there's only one chair in the room. I think there is a second chair at the desk. I would say make it visible in the photo, so it looks more inviting for couples ❤️  This C virus will definitely impact on bookings this season with some countries on lock down and major events being cancelled but fingers crossed. I hope this is helpful for you. Best wishes for 2020. Audrey 

Ben-and-Sam0
Level 3
Chicago, IL

Consider posting a response to the negative review from Camylla - you can be gentle and kind while also truthful in your response - provide the missing context and apologize for anything you may have learned from that experience.

As others have said, the crossed-off smoke and CO detectors are a bit bothersome. Even if a CO detector is not necessary due to the type of heating in the unit, best to get a cheap one anyway so you can truthfully include it in the listing.

Consider beefing up your Local Guide, which has only one listing currently. This may not get you bookings, but it could be a huge asset in pleasing guests.

Kathleen645
Level 3
Hamilton, Canada

Hi

You're place looks lovely.  I don't think you need to change much with your listing.  You could maybe lower the price a little, sometimes the price can be just a bit too high for what most people would pay.  It's probably the hardest time of the year to get bookings now, as well as the Covid-19 virus now