Vivint removed from Airbnb

Erik131
Level 1
Mishawaka, IN

Vivint removed from Airbnb

Anybody know why the feature of Vivint smart home systems automatically generating door access codes was removed?

This is one of the biggest benefits I found with AirBnb and Vivint who I chose to use solely because of this amazing feature. 

3 Replies 3
Sarah1401
Level 1
Red Deer, Canada

I am not sure but the removal and the changes to the vivint app cause me major issues with a couple of guests as their codes were wiped and I wasn't able to add them from the app, had to race home and do it from the panel and they were locked outside for about an hour waiting.  I am unimpressed.  Are there any other home automation options that link to Airbnb?

I just had the same experience. I was not aware they were going to wipe the codes that were already sent out to guests. Had one show up in the middle of the night and could not get in. 

I have not found a better solution. Very frustrating as we spent over $1000 on the equipment last year for this specific feature. Does anyone know if this was an AirBnb decision or a Vivint decision?

Andrew719
Level 2
West Palm Beach, FL

Not only did they remove the Airbnb integration, but lately they've had a bug in their system that won't save new users/pins if you create them in the app or on a desktop. Talk about frustrating!

I've had an ok experience with Vivint, but I fully expect to be able to create users/pins with a mobile device or desktop for these types of systems. That's table stakes for me. Unfortunately I'm going to have to cancel my account and looks elsewhere 😞

Suggestions welcome!