Want to edit a review before it’s posted, but cannot!

Jason1536
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Want to edit a review before it’s posted, but cannot!

Hello, does anyone know how to access/edit a review that you wrote as a host for a a guest, well before it is made public?

I’ve done it in the past, but in this case have no ability to access it-i can’t find it anywhere! I even started looking for it within 48 hours of writing it, so that doesn’t seem to be a factor. No the guest has not written a review (they were kind enough to write 5 stars on our fridge pad, which is obviously useless) so i should still be able to access this. Part of the problem is the guest is AWFUL at communication, didnt respond to any of my messages, and while the group itself was pleasant, it’s not cool that this person went radio silent the whole time and other hosts should be aware. Not only is it rude, and we count on reviews so I would appreciate him writing one (like i said, they wrote 5 stars on our fridge) but it is essential that guests have at least a minimum amount of dialogue with hosts...

any help is appreciated, and no, following the Airbnb’s help desk instructions has not worked.

Thank you!

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jason1536  I've never had to edit a review, so I can't help you out there, but if it's now past 48 hours, I don't think you'll be able to.

I don't quite understand, though, why you didn't mention the guest's terrible communication when you first wrote the review, as it seems to be something you really wanted to let other hosts know about? 

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

John5097
Level 10
Charleston, SC

@Jason1536 Thats something that could have changed without any notice. I kind of like the idea of not being able to edit reviews. 

Some guest don't respond to messages. For me that's why its critical to have a first message. After that a guest may have tried to respond to a text notifacation, not realizing it won't go through, or think if let host know they love it won't have any recourse if host tries to make a claim against them. 

Ideally all guest would be great communication. Its so rewarding to host. But I get so many with very limited communication I just don't even worry about it. Most end up leaving an amazing review. 

I try and figure out ways to improve that because some guest expect more follow ups from host, while others don't want any. 

My policy is that if guest cause no damage and leave the place in perfect condition responding to messages to see how they are doing is optional. Each host is different though and this is an area I'm constantly trying to improve.