Washington DC Area Hosts - Interest in a pickup/deliver laundry service

Sanka3
Level 1
Alexandria, VA

Washington DC Area Hosts - Interest in a pickup/deliver laundry service

Hi All,

I have a laundry services business (self-service,wash and fold) and am trying to break into pickup,wash,fold,delivery. I am wondering what options you use as a host and is there any value to you in a pickup,dropoff service in the area.

My thought was to provide branded bags that a guest (or host) could place their linens/towels into, have it picked up via my courier, washed, folded and delivered back within a specified time frame.

Since I dont know the challenges of hosting, can you guys enlighten me?  Thank you in advance!

2 Replies 2
Mike139
Level 2
Washington, DC

Hi there Sanka--we are looking for something exactly like this and would use it in a heartbeat if it was reliable and cost effective.  Cost effective is most important here.  We have 2 units that turn over 2-3 times per week on avareage, and generate 2 blue ikea bags of laundry (2-5 towels, 2-3 sets of sheets, 1-2 duvert covers) each time.  While we can't pay a lot for this service, we will generate a lot of volume consistently.  Please let me know if you'd like to discuss, or are interested in doing this on a trial basis!  

Best,

Farrah

Rebecca529
Level 1
Chevy Chase, MD

Sanka, 

I have two units on Capitol Hill but one of them does not have laundry facilities.  I think some of my guests would be interested in a pick up/drop off laundry service if it was next day.  Let me know if you get started in this space. 

Best, 
Rebecca