Washington DC and Baltimore Maryland Meet Up

Queen-Sheba0
Level 2
New York, NY

Washington DC and Baltimore Maryland Meet Up

The DMV area is a growing short term rental market that does not have too many support groups for active host in the area.

We started www.meetup.com/The-DMV-BnB to help host such as ourselves get grow thei business and share success storues with surrounding host in the area.

First meeting 9/27/2017 at the RL Hotel, Baltimore, MD at 6:30 pm!

Any local host feel free to attend 🙂

12 Replies 12
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Queen-Sheba0,

This sounds great, I hope it goes well. 

Is this your first meetup or is it a regular occurance? 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

This is going to be our first meeting however we will be holding on a monthly basis 

thank you! I am excited 

Cathy8
Level 8
Sydney, Australia

Hi @Queen-Sheba0

There are several active host clubs in the DMV. Not sure if there's a host club in Baltimore but there definitely are in the Washington metro region. We get together both for discussing host-specific issues (in large and small groups) and to rally for advocacy purposes (DC is in the throes of considering legislation for home sharing) and discuss progress. And, although DC meet ups are taretted at our local issues, you're most welcome to come along to  if you'd like to. We've a number of issue-specific meetups planned for 2018.

If you're interested in joining your local host club, you should reach out to your Airbnb staffer. You might also want to consider joining your local host club group on the host club part of the forum. 

Best of luck with hosting!

Regards,

Cathy

Co-leader

Washington DC Host Club

I am aDC host, what is the number for the chapter so I can join.

Thanks.

Elizabeth

How do I get in contact with my local Air BnB staffer. I have not been able to navigate the community section of the website that well 

Hi @Queen-Sheba0 I noticed that your meetup group on the other website has had some hits. 

As for here in this community, if you haven't joined, here is the Home Sharing club link for those in Baltimore:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Baltimore-Home-Sharing-Club/gp-p/en_baltimore

Try reaching out to @Lizzie, since she's an admin and can probably point you in the right direction about your local Airbnb staffer--I'm not exactly sure what this position is or who might fill it. 

Usually, I just contact customer support and see other hosts do the same.

cannot access this page - why would that be?

P.S. It seems you were talking about the staffer for that D.C. based group, I see that now.

hello Cathy/Sheba-

what is tthe access number/site for a WDC host-group? thank you-

Anne ****

Hello! How can I join the host club in DC area? Thank you in advance. 

Hello all! 

We have a relatively active group of hosts here in Baltimore that has been meeting together sporadically since 2015.

You can find us as Baltimore Airbnb Hosts. However, we  try to restrict it to people who are actively hosting here in Baltimore. 

We also have a Facebook group page (I am one of the admins) and we have started a new group to specifically address the pending city legislation that would shut down most rentals.  That group is open to anyone who is a host, guest, local business or just interested in supporting our efforts to keep STR hosts in business. And we welcome new members!

You can find us on Facebook as Baltimore Hosts Coalition.

Pamela275
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

I am a host in the Southern Maryland Area and would like to meet up with current hosts to discuss the future of hosting in the DMV. I cannot make it to Baltimore but was told there are other Host community meetups further in (DC). Can you tell me who they are or provide a link?

Thanks