Waterfront property search - how can I search for a waterfront home in a certain location to rent?

Answered!
Dione0
Level 3
Singapore

Waterfront property search - how can I search for a waterfront home in a certain location to rent?

1 Best Answer
Marc440
Level 3
Deerfield Beach, FL

It's pretty amazing airbnb doesn't have the location type filter yet.  airbnb prides itself for being high tech. VRBO has way too many filters than airbnb.  I get the marjority of my bookings from VRBO.  It seems to me that the VRBO guests are more willing to pay for oceanfront property.  I frequnetly get airbnb inquiries asking for discount for oceanfront vacation.  The sad truth is whenever I give a discount, I get whinning guests.  I now don't give any discount to invite trouble.

View Best Answer in original post

26 Replies 26
Kelly789
Level 1
Marietta, GA

I book a few Airbb's a year, but headed to another platform. Need waterfront for the next trip. So sad!

Endre5
Level 1
Budapest, Hungary

Agreed, this is a big shortcoming. 😞

Aaron448
Level 1
Houston, TX

I honestly cannot wrap my head around this. Why would they exclude this functionality? I created a VRBO account soley because of this.   Just bad management.

Patricia1954
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

They obviously did this on purpose. They filter by "hair dryer" but not "waterfront"?

The question is: WHY

Peggy-And-Mike0
Level 10
Georgia, United States

This request goes back so many years and still Air does nothing about it: beachfront, waterfront, lakefront.  Come on, 1975 is calling!!! 

upd

Ahmad69
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

So this was posted in 2016... now it’s 2019... and still nothing?! Seems very strange that I have to

go through one property a time, see pictures and read descriptions!! 

Also waiting for a beachfront/ocean front filter.

I seen a place on here that I was not even looking for and I remember that it was a dock as the picture and you couldn't see the house but I know it was in the low country near gambling 

Jean6383
Level 1
Philadelphia, PA

I end up using Vrbo just to get this. PLEASE ADD! 

Thomas386
Level 2
San Diego, CA

AirBnB now has a "beachfront" selector button on the search side. As an owner of Beachfront property I can not determine how to indicate to AirBnB that it is (there is no street between Kai Ala in Kaanapali and the beach). I called AirBnB help and they did not know either. Speculated maybe it is based on AI and your photos. 

AirBnB match up the search selector buttons with the property attributes! Why is this basic stuff sooooo hard for you?