Waterfront property search - how can I search for a waterfront home in a certain location to rent?

Answered!
Dione0
Level 3
Singapore

Waterfront property search - how can I search for a waterfront home in a certain location to rent?

1 Best Answer
Marc440
Level 3
Deerfield Beach, FL

It's pretty amazing airbnb doesn't have the location type filter yet.  airbnb prides itself for being high tech. VRBO has way too many filters than airbnb.  I get the marjority of my bookings from VRBO.  It seems to me that the VRBO guests are more willing to pay for oceanfront property.  I frequnetly get airbnb inquiries asking for discount for oceanfront vacation.  The sad truth is whenever I give a discount, I get whinning guests.  I now don't give any discount to invite trouble.

View Best Answer in original post

26 Replies 26
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Using the map search ?

map search is extremely unaccurate. 

You can use this  filters to search https://airbnbase.com/waterfront

Bruce25
Level 4
Westford, MA

It is a problem that is making us switch to vrbo.  Guests cannot do waterfront searches.  As an owner of waterfront we are not getting the exposure we should.

Why switch. I was exclusively advertising on HomeAway/VRBO but with recent changes there I started on AirBnB or make up from decline in bookings as they try to balance everyone out.
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

Agreed. Sooo frustrating. Not sure why they can’t add this feature!

Will131
Level 1
Weston, MA

I cann't imagine Airbnb doesn't search beach properties

@Will131 if you want a beachfront property, you have to select an area near the beach on the map and select listings that look like they might be close to the shore. Then you need to read the description to see if the host says the listing is beach front.

(It seems you are aware that Airbnb does not put the actual location of the listing on the map.)

I know this seems like a lot of work... because it is.

But there is no way for travelers to search for "beach front properties" because there is no way for a host to indicate that a listing is "beach front". The information is just not represented in the database.

Keenan3
Level 6
New York, United States

This is an absurd shortcoming. 

I'm trying to find honeymoon locations and using another platform because it's so hard to do on AirBnB

Marc440
Level 3
Deerfield Beach, FL

It's pretty amazing airbnb doesn't have the location type filter yet.  airbnb prides itself for being high tech. VRBO has way too many filters than airbnb.  I get the marjority of my bookings from VRBO.  It seems to me that the VRBO guests are more willing to pay for oceanfront property.  I frequnetly get airbnb inquiries asking for discount for oceanfront vacation.  The sad truth is whenever I give a discount, I get whinning guests.  I now don't give any discount to invite trouble.

what a joke...can't search for this? what is this, 1998?

Hope28
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

sad but true.  please airbnb ad a filter for 'location type' like vrbo so that searching for a specific type of location when you're flexible about the actual city you want to travel to is actually possible.

Don202
Level 1
Sunbury, OH

I waste a lot of time looking for "beachfront" one property at a time.  This is very straight forward to address from a technical standpoint.  Please, for your users, just do it.