We cannot host due to Covid restrictions, yet we have just lost our Superhost status. Why???

John-And-Judy0
Level 2
Cútar, Spain

We cannot host due to Covid restrictions, yet we have just lost our Superhost status. Why???

We have agreed with the mayor of our tiny Spanish village not to host any guests in our cottage until the crisis is over (the village is Covid free).  Also travel into Spain is restricted from many countries. We have therefore not hosted since March. Yet today we've received an email from airbnb saying we have lost our Superhost status, with no specific reason given. What's going on??? Has this happened to to others??

10 Replies 10
Anthony223
Level 10
Portugal

@John-And-Judy0   Really sorry to hear this.  I've almost not hosted since last March but I have kept my Superhost status. I had the notification yesterday.  I hope you will get back your status very soon.

Very best wishes from Anthony in Lisbon (from Bournemouth originally)

It makes no sense at all - I've been unable to host to how can my status have changed? I know of a number of people in the UK in the same sitiuation.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@John-And-Judy0 If you look under performance and then super host criteria you should see why you have lost the status. Airbnb have suspended the requirement for a number of hosting nights so this shouldn't be the issue

There can't be an issue - our star rating has gone down two points - despite not having had ANY bookings for the last 9 months. There can't be any other issues, I've not cancelled any bookings  It makes no sense whatsoever,

John-And-Judy0
Level 2
Cútar, Spain

OK I get it - we now only have three bookings in the 365 day period and one of them was 4 stars. Given that nearly all of our reviews have been 5 stars - over many years - this is extremely unfair.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@John-And-Judy0 Its unfair but sadly there is a computer in charge not people so sometimes odd things happen. I suspect we will be in a similar situation soon as one of our last reviews post lockdown was a 4!

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Mike-And-Jane0 - A FOUR in your luxury gaff?? - Some people are just so unreasonable! 😞

John-And-Judy0
Level 2
Cútar, Spain

Also I've just had a look and I can no longer see any of our ratings in the guests' reviews - is this a new thing?

@John-And-Judy0  You can still see the guests’ ratings broken out under Performance/Quality/<Read more>

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I've also not hosted since March and still retained my Superhost. So yeah, it's that pesky 4* rating. Unfair, considering that had we not had a pandemic, you would have likely had enough 5* reviews in the last year to negate that 4*. But Airbnb and "fair", when it comes to hosts, is an oxymoron.

@John-And-Judy0