We close for the winter and lose Superhost status

Malcolm2
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

We close for the winter and lose Superhost status

We host a boat in the UK and close it down in the winter because of the weather. Because we have had no guests and can't reach the numbers for Superhost, we will lose our status in April and only regain it again in July. There should be some kind of seasonal credit for hosts that shut down over the winter surely? Our high standards and commitment to customer service haven't dropped, we just closed because it's not a nice experience over the winter. Can AirBnB look at this?

3 Replies 3
Serena0
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

I do think the Superhost status criteria needs an overhaul. Things that are beyond a hosts control, like location, seasonal availability etc all need a rethink. Did Airbnb get back to you on this?

Malcolm2
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I think it may have changed now, but I am not sure as this year we continued to offer to guests over the winter. Two guests have been refunded though due to really bad weather and we advised not to visit. 

Sara474
Level 2
Torre del Lago, Italy

I strongly agree with you. And this affects any seasonal listing with good reviews, which cannot keep super host status due to the fact that criteria are thought for year-round hosts.