We'd like to see a Super Guest category, then be able to turn on Instant Booking for them.

William3
Level 8
Coburg, Australia

We'd like to see a Super Guest category, then be able to turn on Instant Booking for them.

Any hosts out there interested in having Airbnb set up "Instant Book for Super Guests" only?
There are Super hosts, why not have Super guests? Then ask Airbnb to have the functionality "Instant booking for SuperGuests". We're not allowing Instant Booking without Better assurances, verifications are not enough, nor are "positive reviews". Why not a 5 Star question, "Do you recommend this guest for SuperGuest Status?"
Cheers, Bill

83 Replies 83
Luiz0
Level 2
Gran Canaria. Canary Island.

Great idea, brilliant! 

Veronica4
Level 1
Niterói, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Yes, I am interested in having Airbnb set up "Instant Book for Super Guests". Great Idea, Bill. Congratulations!!!

Verônica.

Agree with the others who said I'd be happy with just the star ratings & the thumbs up/down that we already review guests with showing up *somewhere.*

Fiona0
Level 5
Bournemouth, United Kingdom

Yes, I'm another one who would prefer to see the guest ratings actually used, particularly the 'thumbs down'.  It's more important to weed out the bad guests.

@Lizzie - do you know whether anything happens if a guest consistently gets a 'thumbs down'?

@Carrie1 I agree - We have been reviewing guests with star ratings, thumbs up and down, but how is it being used? We don't know.

Super Guest might be a little bit too much (and I don't think it is realistic under Airbnb's current business model), but I completely love the idea. Airbnb can even make this to reward excellent guests - bonus benefit, use it for marketing, etc.

For those guests who got low rating/thumbs down, Airbnb can make sure if they know what Airbnb is really about. For example, for guests who didn't clean up after themselves, Airbnb can send them an email, or notify on the website/app and tell them that Airbnb is not a hotel, they need to clean up after themselve - Airbnb has the world best branding/communication experts, I am sure they can figure a good way to deliver the message.

Ernie0
Level 10
San Francisco, CA

Hi Bill, 

I have liked the thought of the Super Guest status for some time. You, by no means, are the first to suggest it. I think it would be a great way to provide assurances to hosts as well as provide incetives to guests. If the status could result in preferred pricing or other noteworthy perks, this could be a terrific idea. 

Cheers, 
Ernie Thayer

I love this idea. I've always wondered what all the 5 out 5 ratings personal feedback and public feedback does for a guest. I think there needs to be more interaction with seeing guests overall reviews. 

I've always liked this idea. Could even incorporate a broader loyalty program where guests' and hosts' activity generate frequent flier style points that could be used for future travel. 

Γιώργος0
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Thumb up! Great idea. If there was a category superguest i d surely move on with the instant booking.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Bill, That is a great suggestion......To this point I have been very lucky and have had the most wonderful guests. But I know each booking brings me closer to that disaster which I will not see coming! A 'Superguest' status would give us a lot more confidence in accepting not just Instant bookings but general requests. Thanks Bill, this is something seriously worthy of implementation....cheers.....Rob

Kristen2
Level 2
Uki, Australia

Yes I think a Super Guests category is a great idea thanks so much for suggesting it. I cannot access enough information about the guests and I think all guests should have to provide a good portrait photo of themselves on the Airbnb Website.
Olessia0
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I like this idea a lot, thanks for posting. At the moment, there's no way I'll turn on Instant Booking. I require guests to have a fully verified profile and at least a couple of good reviews. Just not worth the risk.

I'm not sure Super Guest status would really matter as there are just nowhere near as many "repeat guests" as "repeat hosts". I might be wrong, but in my experience, and I had approx. 300 bookings so far, the majority of guests are totally new on airbnb or only have 1-2 reviews. Maybe in a few years time the number of "repeat guests" has increased enough to introduce Super Guest status.

In a way, this ties in with an article I created a few weeks ago about pricing, and the hideous pricing tool suggestions: 

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/Prices-dropping-by-50-is-the-pricing-tool-a-complete...

I have used Instant Book ever since it was introduced and have had only wonderful experiences with it. I had "control" over the guests by charging a price that would attract people who would appreciate and respect my home. If prices start dropping dramatically, for whatever reason, it won't just be Instant Book I'll turn off, but airbnb altogether.  

Heidi3
Level 1
Park City, UT

I like the idea of allowing Instant booking for guests who have had positive reviews from Airbnb hosts in the past or a better screening tool than verifications.  I have not had a bad experience with any of my instant booking guests and many of them are first time Airbnb users. While this makes me a little nervous, so far it has all worked out in the end. Probably  because I have other restrictions on bookings like, no same day bookings and no bookings less than 3 days. I attract outdoor recreationalists and business travelers. 

Edith0
Level 10
Paris, France

I absolutely agree with that genius proposal.
Last December I sent to 5 guests ( upon 50) a special message telling them as Superguests they were the winners of a free week-end back in Paris at my home.
Don't desperate to see some of them back! Will let you know.
10% Superguests, 10 % bastards, 80% real nice meetings, these are my 2015 statistics!
Edith