We'd like to see a Super Guest category, then be able to turn on Instant Booking for them.

William3
Level 8
Coburg, Australia

We'd like to see a Super Guest category, then be able to turn on Instant Booking for them.

Any hosts out there interested in having Airbnb set up "Instant Book for Super Guests" only?
There are Super hosts, why not have Super guests? Then ask Airbnb to have the functionality "Instant booking for SuperGuests". We're not allowing Instant Booking without Better assurances, verifications are not enough, nor are "positive reviews". Why not a 5 Star question, "Do you recommend this guest for SuperGuest Status?"
Cheers, Bill

83 Replies 83
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @William3,

Thanks for posting this, it is a really interesting suggestion. 🙂

Are there any other hosts who like the sound of Super Guest status'?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I'd be happy just seeing the rating stars that the guests have. They are in the system, so why can we not see them? Instant Book does not work for me because there have been guests that have the "thumbs up" rating from other hosts that I do not want to see back at my guest house.

@Monica4   I totally agree that we as hosts need to be able to see the guests star rating and their thumbs up or down ratings.  I made this suggestion at Airbnb Open 2015 in Paris and hope someone was listening and that we will see a change on this. It is a mystery why we do these ratings for the guests if these ratings are not visible to other hosts.  These would really add much needed info. to some of the short reviews given to some guests ... one can only guess, "Was the host just trying to be polite with this short, say nothing review or what?"

-- Lia -- Happy Hosting!

Yes, plus showing the ratings to hosts at least. 

I might have mentioned, but this thread has been going on for a long time, that when I was at Airbnb Open I requested of several people that the star rating and the thrumbs up/down that hosts give guests be visible on the guests' profiles.  I think this is the most improtant missing puzzle piece in the review process.  Whether or not a Super Guest catagory is ever developed really doesn't matter if we as hosts can see the star ratings and the thrumbs up/down.

-- Lia -- Happy Hosting!

@Lia---Garry0

That is totally true. Airbnb encourage hosts to leave reviews of guests (saying it will increase the possibilty of guests leaving review, for community, sharing, to help fellow hosts, etc), yet they don't even open that data to hosts. We all know Airbnb has a huge data of worldwide travel industry (as well as simple human psycology), I see that Airbnb is collecting all these data from hosts, yet not giving it back to the hosts.

I think it's a great idea. 

@Lizzie, I would not be so harsh. I would already be happy to have details on the thumbs up / down for IB: does one thumb down mean no more IB or does the next thumb up cancel that? Or does it need several thumbs up to cancel a thumbs down?

I wouls switch on IB for guests with no rating ever below 4 stars. Superguest seems a bit ridiculous, (just like the super hosts)

That said, I did not have a bad guest with IB for recommended guests. Just last minute business travelers, needing a bed, wifi and a friendly face at check in. Easy guests

Damir0
Level 10
Rotterdam, The Netherlands

@William3 @Lizzie 

1427882680_Medal-2-128.png

Great idea! Maybe Airbnb could introduce a Super Guest program, for example, a guest's response rate ;-), minimum of 5 postive (5 star) reviews, all verifications (incl. ID, picture, video), and a background check like they use for UBER drivers. 

Wherever you go, there you are.
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Great to see a variety of responses to this idea. Keep them coming! 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Wendy10
Level 1
Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa

Yes--I would like to see a super guest category--certainly before converting

to instant booking.

Yes!! That sounds like an awesome idea!

Matthew6
Level 1
Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom

Agreed Bill - good idea! Make your magic work Lizzie 🙂

Super guest is an excellent idea!