We'd like to see a Super Guest category, then be able to turn on Instant Booking for them.

William3
Level 8
Coburg, Australia

We'd like to see a Super Guest category, then be able to turn on Instant Booking for them.

Any hosts out there interested in having Airbnb set up "Instant Book for Super Guests" only?
There are Super hosts, why not have Super guests? Then ask Airbnb to have the functionality "Instant booking for SuperGuests". We're not allowing Instant Booking without Better assurances, verifications are not enough, nor are "positive reviews". Why not a 5 Star question, "Do you recommend this guest for SuperGuest Status?"
Cheers, Bill

83 Replies 83
Trevor0
Level 3
New York, NY

Love it!

Kristi0
Level 5
San Clemente, CA

Wow this is a great idea. This would most certainially help in vetting our guests. 

Tara0
Level 10
Oxford, United Kingdom

I would turn on Instant Book for SuperGuests only, if it existed. Right now there is close to zero assurance about the guest from the available criteria, e.g. so-called "positive reviews" has always meant nothing, just that the guest got a review, could be a good or bad review. It's good that Airbnb are now - apparently - requiring a face photo and a message accompanying an IB reservation, but I don't trust the Airbnb promises, given the huge and constant number of IT problems. 

Toru0
Level 4
Tokyo, Japan

Wow that's a brilliant idea! The only reason I don't turn on Instant Booking is that I want to be really sure about the guest. I live with my young daughter so that's the biggest concern. I'm not worrying that some pycho are coming to our home, but I really want my daughter to have good experiences with good people.

Sara2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Toru don't ever leave your daughter alone with a guest dear in this day and age however many stars they have

David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

Great idea!

Great idea. Can't imagine why it hasn't been impilmented before. I would sign up for immediately....Instant book still makes me nervous.....I don't like being nervous so I turn it off.....

Susie0
Level 10
Oakland, CA

This is a great way to summarize what would make Instant Booking more appealing for more hosts!

Peter0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Great suggestion.  I really want to know what happens to my reviews of guests.  Do the dirty ones ever miss out on being taken by a new host?  We don't see the thumbs up or down do we (the green and red buttons we use on the app to rate them)?  I think we should see the number of thumbs up and down given to guests in the past.  I would probably not accept anyone with more than 2 thumbs down.  

For the last year I have had NO real duds and feel really lucky.  I've just gotten so busy I don't have time to do more than flick through the reviews of guests and I always end up accepting them.  Loads of my guests I never meet because I am away for instance, but it all seems to work brilliantly.  I just occasionally worry about what happens when a real problem case does get under the radar and into our homes.  As I say, it is two or three years since I had any problem and even then it was all reparable at the end of the day.  

I had a guest last year who had good reviews, bu at my home he couldn't keep his hands to himself.

I reported that guest but nothing was done. 

So personally I don't believe in a Super Guest status.  One can be a super guest at a good moment, and a real pain at other times or at other ABB's homes.

And what is the difenition of a Super Guest? 

What does that mean, "couldn't keep his hands to himself"?

I agree raatings don't mean much, I just had guests with a great rating staying in an apartment.  Great review but in my home it didnt work. at all.  So it all depends of the property type.   They were no good in a shared situation

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

It's a good idea, but should recognize that guests typically have a lower volume of stays, than hosts do bookings, so the requirements should be adjusted accordingly. For example, perhaps 3 stays instead of a minimum of 10.

Hi Ed & Hugh,

I respectfully disagree. I feel that a Super Guest should have a high number of trips under his or her belt. Remember that we are in the beginning stages and that more and more will use Airbnb exclusively. Those numbers will come. 

Cheers, 
Ernie Thayer

I'm open to having guests judged by the high standards of 5 stars, etc. I would be more relaxed having a certified SuperGuest as opposed to a guest just reviewed once. I'd feel more comfortable with Instant booking, long term stays & even price breaks to reward good behavior.

"Remember: no matter where you go, there you are." ~Buckaroo Banzai