We wouldn't be here without you, Min

Alex893
Level 10
Chicago, IL

We wouldn't be here without you, Min

Just got this from Airbnb:

Thank you, Min

Airbnb has grown from our founding hosts to over 4 million around the world. We wouldn’t be here without you.

... and so on.

Did they forget to code to change the name to the recipient or Min stands for something? Or my account got hacked?

8 Replies 8
Jennifer1421
Level 10
Peterborough, Canada

@Alex893I got the same email, addressed to the same person:

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 12.07.09 PM.png

LOL - I feel so unseen...

Andrew33
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

I just got the same email, addressed to Min. Also wondering the same thing.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Alex893  @Andrew33  @Jennifer1421 

Well at least they got my name right!

Same ol, same ol 2.png

But doesn't the script have a certain familiar ring to it. 

There are only so many way to polish a emoji poop.png and the publicity department must surely be running out of polishing cloths by now!

We have had a good few years of being told how special we hosts are, it would be lovely to see some practical evidence of it.....even if it was something as simple as getting our names right!

Have a great Christmas everyone.

Cheers........Rob 

Lynette57
Level 10
Gladstone, Australia

It's  not the name . MIN: meaning minions daha You are minions. Or a flock or just dumb followers 

Look up the meaning of minions. 

Then fully understand  what AB&B really  thinks if us all .

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Alex893 @Lynette57 @Robin4 @Andrew33 @Jennifer1421 they got my name right too.  But 'Min' is just weird. Someone needs to work on Airbnb's algorithms. Honestly, it shouldn't be that hard to get match a host's name with their email.

thank you Kath.png

Alex893
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Kath9 @Robin4 it looks like they got the Australian hosts right but North American wrong. Darn those North Americans and their difficult to spell names!

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

There are hosts  . . and then there are Mins . . . 

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

It’s just another example of Airbnb publishing software updates, notifications, etc. w/o proper testing. Airbnb is a large, mature company now, and they really need to focus on upgrading their CS, quality control, and development cycle processes.