Website layout

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Website layout

Is it only me who is experiencing a issue with the "community pages" layout (browser: Firefox) ?

In my browser those pages are looking as a graveyard, with deepblack buttons and with font sizes treating me as a visual impaired member.

Or is it done on purpose because tomorrow 20th november Airbnb wil remove all excellent hosts who did not subscribe to the discussed cleaning protocol ?

7 Replies 7
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

Not just you @Emiel1   The new page format is very austere & unfriendly. I don’t like it AT ALL

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Nope, not just you and it's the same in Chrome. The techies apparently don't have enough real things to do so come up with some new format for no reason whatsoever that is a disimprovement. 

@Emiel1

@Sarah977  I should send them my ever-growing list of real things to do...

Oh, but it's ever so much more fun and so much easier to spend their time changing colors and fonts than actually fixing glitches.

@Pat271

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Emiel1  It's an interesting observation you have made, whilst the black can be harsh it's actually easier for all people to read including those who may be colour blind.

They changed the signage at Cornwall Park in Auckland to Teal on Black and extremely small Font, now no one can read it as it's soooooo soooo badly designed.

They also have plonked street name lists about Auckland and they too are very small to near impossible to read.

Someone is making easy quick money without been held to account.

I personally preferred the teal and pink tones however one must always thinks of those who find it more challenging to see.

I'm sure with the new kid on the block who used to work with Apple we are likely to be able at some stage to choose whatever colour we want.

There's more important things to worry about.

I agree 100% re Dots, especially when they are Rolling Ones or Blank white pages....

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey everyone, 

Just spotted this and wanted to give an update: this was changed last week, and the thinking behind the colours and sizes was just as @Helen427 mentioned - many people are colourblind or visually impaired and so these changes make it easier for these people to use the site. 

Some of the team weren't a big fan of the black either, so we'e reviewing this and may make further changes. Hopefully in the meantime this change will make the Community more accessible, and mean that we can welcome more members in who might not have been able to contribute otherwise.

@Emiel1 @Kelly149 @Sarah977 @Pat271 

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Katie 

I think deepblack buttons is not necessary, not to say not attractive in terms of design.

However the text fonts (except for the titles) must be really deepblack to provide contrast.

Gray fonts is really bad in terms of usability to anyone.