Weird last minute bookings from intown guest all with same message.

Lulu12
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

Weird last minute bookings from intown guest all with same message.

After having NO bookings during this pandemic, in a span of few days I had 3 last minute booking for one night.  All three users were BRAND New Users with no reviews, having signed up this month, listed as locals, and had the same message to me.  "Trying to get away for a couple of days"  They were also all young. 

Typically even if instant booking is on, a last minute booking within 24 hours is sent as a inquiry. That didn't happen on any of them. 

After cancelling the first one, the young man showed up anyways the next morning at like 830am. Without knocking, he tried to get in my front and back door. My doors were locked so he gave up and left.  It was very odd.  Even if i hadnt cancelled it, the check in would have been 3pm not first thing in the morning. 

is anyone else getting these weird bookings?

1 Reply 1
Vicky383
Level 3
Hamburg, Germany

3 attempted bookings with the same message. What are the odds of that! It seems like they are the same person.

Perhaps you could ask Airbnb about these 3 account and get some info about this incident. it doesn't hurt to know more about it.