Weird requests

Answered!
Neil408
Level 10
Sheffield, United Kingdom

Weird requests

Hi all, this is just a fun thread but I received a really odd message a few hours ago. 

Of course, I declined the guest but I think this must rank in one of the more wackier things I’ve had to deal with. 😂😂

**[Private conversation removed in line with Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

I LOVE your blue bathroom @Neil408 !! 

I also hate cream/magnolia! - boring! - I've perused your listing before when you posted & think your whole place is GORGEOUS! Particularly the shade of blue in the other rooms.....

I even like your bathroom blue! - In the old photo of it being white/cream/ it looks drab & cold & boring! BLUE IS A GREAT IMPROVEMENT!!!!! (I guess a slight problem is the  old beige tiles, SO popular 10-20 yrs ago.... - Your lovely blue would go better with white tiles, whereas beige tiles  don't lend themselves to complimenting colours... except maybe sage, or red if you're being bold!

You home share... So, YOUR HOME, your taste in colours! Guests have NO BUSINESS finding fault with your colour scheme; it's YOUR home, not a hotel! - (If I was painting an 'entire place' for guests only, I'd paint the colours I thought MOST guests would like - the ghastly ubiquitous grey these days! But, Your HOME = Your colour choice!)

View Best Answer in original post

94 Replies 94
Neil408
Level 10

Oh and this is my bathroom. Is it really that bad? I quite like the blue 🤣😕

9897F8D1-C3B4-4F06-B5A2-C7700CEBF76B.jpeg

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

Good grief, be careful, he may next expect you to lie down on the floor to replace that mat he also doesn't like. 🤣

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Neil408 bloody rude of them!

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Neil408  That is hilarious!!!

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Neil408 I might have bit and said "yes, pick your color, I'll add $1000 to the stay for time and trouble"

oh who are we kidding, no I wouldn't!

people are so weird

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Neil408 paint the bathroom you must

Neil408
Level 10

Heheh 😏 😄

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Best for you two to agree on the same color chart, to make sure you paint it the color he likes.

(Could you guys believe this inquiry?)

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Neil408 

Sorry Neil but I'm siding with pantone Mike on this one.

The blue looks like some radioactive E number colouring used in a circa late 1970's slush puppie blue raspberry drink.

Dob on some Farrow and Ball Lulworth Blue (No 89), your retinas will thank you for it.

Neil408
Level 10

Interestingly it is an F&B colour called St Giles Blue

Neil408
Level 10

Lulworth Blue is a bit toned down in comparison! 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Neil408  Definitely weird, hilarious request, but I have to say I'm in Elena's camp- that blue is something awful. Looks like that gel in ice packs. But hey, it's your house and you obviously must like it.

Neil408
Level 10

I was wondering if it was just me but I asked my friends and they all hate it too 😂 just don’t want cream or white. 

@Neil408  I'm not at all a fan of white, cream, beige, etc. Much too blah for me. I could see those parts of the wall that are now painted hurt-my-eyes blue in a soft salmon color.

Here's something curious- I'm an upholsterer by trade and when I give the fabric sample books to a woman, there's no predicting what color she might choose. But if I had $20 for every time a man chose blue, it would likely pay for a yearly holiday, because 90% of men will choose some shade of blue, and usually not a subtle one.

I've wondered if the attraction to blue is in the male DNA or they gravitate towards blue because parents dress little boys in blue and paint their rooms blue, so it's the color that gets imprinted on the male psyche from a very young age..