Answered!
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcoming all Superhosts

Superhost_Blog.gif

Hello,

Congratulations on becoming a Superhost! Your responsiveness and reliability has earned the trust of your guests and they can’t stop talking about your outstanding hospitality.

If you’re new to the Community Center, this is a place to connect with hosts around the world to get insights, share stories, and support one another.

Introduce yourself to other Superhosts below and feel free to share a bit about your home, your region, or your favorite hosting tip. Who knows? Maybe you’ll even make some new friends.

We’re so happy to welcome you as one of our most valued hosts on Airbnb.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi Everyone! We're so thrilled to welcome our new Superhosts visiting the Community Center and this thread from 2018! 🌻 Look how far we've come with our amazing Hosts across the globe😉

We congratulate you for this incredible achievement and invite you to introduce yourself on our new Welcome Superhost thread below to share your joy and passion for hosting! 😍

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

5,781 Replies 5,781

What does the Level thing mean?

I am wonder too

It is recognition for meeting outstanding criteria and it makes you feel really good about your hosting abilities and all of your hard work!

Can you explain how the levels work please?

I am afraid that being super host means much less than the big work we do to please the hudreads requests that guests ask, every year they become more and more demanding. Why this happens? We are not hotels, travel companies either, food guides, tour guides? No. If you don't have nespresso, toaster, kattle, smart tv, netflix, bose speakers, air-conditioning, do not even try! I used to love airbnb and the eye that it used to keep on us (hosts) . Now i don't feel even supported and protected,  i don't feel so "important", just a small numer that makes big numbers. 

I agree with you

I feel if you are honest and clear about your facilities that should be enough but I have had complaints about all manner of things from grab rails to pathways even coffee machines

But yes it is nice to be recognized but it does not helps me gain bookings if anything feels my booking have dropped since become superhost

Hi I completely agree with you , to be honest I started feel very tire and frustated , in my personal case for example a put a BB grill as a complementary, I even provide the gas tank ,  I put a note  explaining  that this is a complementary if you used , please be kind enoght to clean it and to replace the gas of tank for the next person .  They leave all the gargabe and dirty grill and they complain for even the very little things ,that you are giving them for free. No way this is very frustated the more nice and the more you give the more they ask and the more they complain for the little things. Most of the quest are very demanding do not appreciate for the little extra steps that you made to make the stay more pleasand

@Serena171 wrote:

I am afraid that being super host means much less than the big work we do to please the hudreads requests that guests ask, every year they become more and more demanding. Why this happens? We are not hotels, travel companies either, food guides, tour guides? No. If you don't have nespresso, toaster, kattle, smart tv, netflix, bose speakers, air-conditioning, do not even try! I used to love airbnb and the eye that it used to keep on us (hosts) . Now i don't feel even supported and protected,  i don't feel so "important", just a small numer that makes big numbers. 

Tout à fait d'accord avec Serena.
Je pensais qu'il y avait un "esprit AIRBNB",c'est à dire le partage de nos demeures avec des voyages, en prenant soin d'eux en toute convivialité, comme si'ils étaients nos amis. La résidence à mes yeux étant importante mais  pas primordiale, donc ce classement par Niveau est injuste en autre , car il ne mesure pas l'effort effectif de chaque hôte pour satisfaire aux exigences  de chaque voyageur, ce n'est pas mesurable !  - en effet nous de sommes pas des établissements hôteliers et  il est impensable de satisfaire à toutes les exigences du moment , c'est sans fin ...... 

mon texte n'a pas été repris il y a des coupures qui ont ôté le sens de mes propros, en autre, : je précise que nous ne sommes pas des établissement hôteliers...... 

Don't you need to be housemate?
Otherwise what's the difference becoming a boutique hotel?

Donald-And-Tania0
Level 3
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

I agree. When I started hosting in 2013 there were fewer Airbnb’s around me. Now there are loads, and loads of superhosts. It’s not easy dealing with people who really do think you’re a hotel. I dislike the fact that if you cancel AT ALL you’re going to be penalised. Mostly I can tell if a booking is going to be a problem from the correspondence (I don’t like instant book, this is my house after all). Airbnb is too keen to make its quota and less keen on supporting Superhosts. I get a bit irritated to be told I’ve got a reward which turns out to be not much. I can see others feel th same. 

what reward did you get back in 2019, was it a travel voucher?  because i never knew we got those, because I never saw this email before so they all expired previously if we did get them.  or maybe we just get the travel vouchers once a year, or this is the first time?

I believe you get a travel voucher once a year  if you made super host during that time. I missed some of my vouchers as didn’t realise. They are valid for a year. I hope to use  mine but not yet because of the COVID restrictions. I wonder if they will be extended. 
@Nena-and-Hub0 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Vanessa16 ,

We have indeed extended the expiration dates, here are those that are relevant:

July 2019 issuance --> Coupons will expire
Oct 2019 issuance --> new expiration Apr 1 2021
Jan 2020 issuance --> new expiration Apr 1 2021
Apr 2020 issuance --> Expire Apr 1 2021

(These Superhosts will get an email to inform them that they can redeem these upgraded coupons on Experiences now too!)

.For those who have chosen pro photography in the past and aren’t able to get the service (due to COVID), we will reissue them new coupons with an Apr 1 2021 expiration date.

Thanks and well done on reaching superhost again!

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

I would have to agree with your sentiments also. Guests are becoming more demanding and critical and I too feel we get very little extra reward for the amount of time and energy dedicated to running a successful AirBNB property. 

I’m finding that I have to charge less per night to get bookings than when I first began even though I have over 100 reviews and have been a SuperHost for since the beginning.