What Do the Levels Mean in This Forum?

Answered!
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

What Do the Levels Mean in This Forum?

Ok, why am I a level 2 and @Deborah0 is a level 10.  Yes she knows a lot more than me when it comes to AirBNB but what the heck do these levels actually mean.  Just curious... and BTW, @Deborah0 should be a level 10 because she is a rock star.

Is there a breakdown anywhere?

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

The level doesn't relate to whether or not you have problems with your listing @April79.

It relates to how often you participate in the life of the forum helping your fellow hosts. And whether people agree your contributions are useful by liking your posts.

Some people like me are regular contributors because we like helping others and learning from our fellow hosts. Some don't.

Level 1 just means you haven't contributed much to life on the forum.

View Best Answer in original post

51 Replies 51

Thank Y Helen .... after writing something on the community page I’ve discover my level and understand something about it. I never join conversation..... but maybe in the next future something will change..  for improving my know how like host and my bad English ahahah ciao 

Francesco-you never know, you might find an english-speaking host who wants to practice their Italian! 😉

@Francesco832 scusa vedo solo adesso la tua risposta! se vuoi fare pratica puoi farla con me!

Ciao!

Kim963
Level 2
Reno, NV

Hi, Just posting to see what my 'level' is.  Didn't even know this existed until looking for Superhost info.  I am a VRBO Premier Partner, 90% of my bookings come through VRBO www.vrbo.com/24751.  I am on both sites however Airbnb clearly has a slim chance to get my bookings so likely I will never be able to be a Superhost because of that.  Anyway, I sent a message to Airbnb suggesting that they consider making VRBO Premier Partners Superhosts, similar to how Airlines will make high ranking flyers on other airlines a high status on theirs in order to get their business.  Yeah well, still waiting for a response from Airbnb.  Have been hosting on VRBO since 2002 in Los Gatos, CA.  Kim

Stephen1073
Level 2
Penzance, United Kingdom

Flaw in the system.

Last year for me everything went well with Airbnb. Because of this I let my guard down and was far too trusting, this year the party crowd that would normally go to a club 18-30 type resort staycationed and ended up in my house. Aside from all the extra work to clean the house I was left a bad review when I tried to ban them from smoking in the house.

Now because of the way the review system works I have to either drop my prices or go without bookings.

It seems strange to me that I provide a 200k property and partner airbnb. Then when airbnb send me bad guests, it's my fault I got a bad review, I am punished by having my listing downgraded. Then I get sent an message from Airbnb telling me how to be a better host. WHAT exactly am I supposed to do.... Tell guest it's OK to pee on the floors, spill beer anywhere you want, and thank people for stealing my stuff.

The flaw: Airbnb takes no responsibility for the people they send you. You get punished if you leave a bad review, or get left one,  Once you have been left an unjustified bad review (just 1) by a bad guest your account is worthless and you can't get anymore bookings leaving you in the position you have no choice but to close your account.

Airbnb need good quality properties, why do they turn on the people who provide them. The host has everything to loose, the guest nothing.

I have 2 more booking to go, these were booked before I got the bad review, so after that it's goodbye air bnb.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Stephen1073 Both your story and the guest's story seem entirely credible. Sadly there is no way that Airbnb (or any listing company) can tell who is telling the truth.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Stephen1073  Most hosts get a bad review at some point. It doesn't mean that makes it impossible for them to get more bookings, or that they have to lower their price, or close their account. 

Two out of your 9 reviews says the place wasn't clean and one says the towels provided left a lot to be desired. Rather than objecting to review you got, you might consider stepping up your cleaning and replacing worn towels.

Aside from yours, this guest has good reviews from other hosts and has left good reviews for his past hosts. No history of being a complainer. I find his version of things more credible than yours.