What Do the Levels Mean in This Forum?

Answered!
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

What Do the Levels Mean in This Forum?

Ok, why am I a level 2 and @Deborah0 is a level 10.  Yes she knows a lot more than me when it comes to AirBNB but what the heck do these levels actually mean.  Just curious... and BTW, @Deborah0 should be a level 10 because she is a rock star.

Is there a breakdown anywhere?

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

The level doesn't relate to whether or not you have problems with your listing @April79.

It relates to how often you participate in the life of the forum helping your fellow hosts. And whether people agree your contributions are useful by liking your posts.

Some people like me are regular contributors because we like helping others and learning from our fellow hosts. Some don't.

Level 1 just means you haven't contributed much to life on the forum.

View Best Answer in original post

51 Replies 51

Na. James is 100% right. Airbnb leave hosts high and dry when push has to come to shove with disrespectful, vandalising guests. They betray their hosts. And the most boring of all are the Airbnb-Scientology cheerleaders, not prepared to demonstrate for improvement of the UX for hosts.

Balance is good James, I agree. As they say, the only folks who think a college degree is worthless, are those that don't have one...hence your assessment of the number ranking system might come from your being a 2 😉 I'm just having fun, I'm also a 2 so we're rowin' in the same boat!

@James43, I can understand being upset about the power AirBnB has over the hosts, but I think is it a mistake to paint all the level 10 people in the community as people who "Kiss butt. Tow the line."

When I read a post, I am just interested in what the person is saying: how informative it is, how much it helps, what I can learn.

Who cares what the level is of the person who posted it?

Besides, apparently AirBnB isn't who grants higher levels; the other users do. (Since it is based on thumbs ups and such).

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

My understanding it's based on the number of 'likes' generated by your posts.

So the more active you are on the forums and the more people like what you have to say, the more levels you go up....I could be wrong though 🙂

Do you think the higher the level you are the higher your listing is previews in the Air BNB website,,,based on the Air BNB algorithms, logic said it does....I wonder....

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

No, whether you are active or not has absolutely no bearing on how your listing is ranked.

@Helen3, @Graeme16, I *wish* the level you were in this discussion forum improved your ranking in the search listings.

I disagree with this strange way of ranking. Why is it even part of this forum. We are here to discuss, find solutions, agree, disagree and be free to express ourselves as kindly as possible. My reply as a boooo! is my way of stating a thumbs down.

Hi

have been a host for over 3 years done a lot of traveling but I'm not the type to join in on forums I have called over a dozen times to air BNB about issues as a guest and as a host I see nothing being resolved this is not negative this is the truth

So I found this forum today and will try to get involve some I truly love the opportunity to travel and to host though in regards to the safety of the guest and the host air BNB has a lot of work to get done I would love to talk with some hosts 

But we need to be able to talk without being monitored so that the truth does not come back to bite us in R but

Me too!  Does anyone know?

yikes.

Kathy37
Level 2
Carlsbad, NM

Thank you for this question. I've been hosting for a year and a half, but just started reading the forums and was curious about this. 😊

Rochelle22
Level 2
Santa Maria, CA

Thanks for asking/answering this question. 

Now, where do I see what level I am? 

🙂

Dimitri0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Rochelle22 hope you are doing well 🙂

The levels are displayed next to ones Avatar: 

Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 14.54.56.png

Hope that helps 🙂

Neu in der Community? Stell dich hier vor. Siehe auch Community Hilfe! Richtlinien & Infos findest du in Neuigkeiten.

Thank you so much for your help. It worked for me. 2be1e3ddce75f34981a53e83cd38aac0.jpeg