What Do the Levels Mean in This Forum?

Answered!
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

What Do the Levels Mean in This Forum?

Ok, why am I a level 2 and @Deborah0 is a level 10.  Yes she knows a lot more than me when it comes to AirBNB but what the heck do these levels actually mean.  Just curious... and BTW, @Deborah0 should be a level 10 because she is a rock star.

Is there a breakdown anywhere?

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

The level doesn't relate to whether or not you have problems with your listing @April79.

It relates to how often you participate in the life of the forum helping your fellow hosts. And whether people agree your contributions are useful by liking your posts.

Some people like me are regular contributors because we like helping others and learning from our fellow hosts. Some don't.

Level 1 just means you haven't contributed much to life on the forum.

View Best Answer in original post

51 Replies 51
Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

Thanks for your vote of confidence, Deb and Dave!

HEre are some conversations about levels that have happened on these groups, which you might find illuminating: 

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/What-is-this-level-thing-Are-we-Pokemons-now/m-p/103...

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/quot-Levels-quot/m-p/942#M92

Many don't like the levels, and alternatives have been suggested, such as using phrases to help clue folks in to how many posts the group member has, or how long they have been participating, etc.  Jonny of Airbnb who is taking feedback said these ideas were being taken into consideration.  

Thanks for posting this. I was confused about the levels as well. I've been hosting since 2013, but am only a 2! I guess because I don't ask many questions? or answer many? 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Cynthia129,

Nice to meet you. In terms of the levels here, as others have mentioned, these are based on your activity in the Community Center, including posts you have created and replied to, thumbs up received, accepted solutions in the Community Help board. 🙂

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Lizzie 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Question, do your levels also help with your Airbnb listing? If you are involved in the  more you are involved in the community center, will you have more of a chance with your listing being shown higher on Airbnb?

Thank you.

Michelle

No, these levels are only used in the community to give others an idea of the knowledge of people responding I 🤔 

That's absurd.  I'm too busy running my business to spend enough time in the forums to "level up."  So my answers wouldn't be taken as seriously because my business is successful enough that I don't have time to answer forum questions!?  Anyone else see the problem?

Jing--Wayana---Bukit-Vis0
Level 2
Denpasar, Indonesia

Hi Dave. How did you become a level 10 contributor? 

Hi @Jing--Wayana---Bukit-Vis0,

The levels seems to up (or down) by the amount you contribute.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

And why isn't there a thumbs down when one doesn't agree? So folks that have valid concerns are a bore, but happy folks are exciting  good hosts, compliant and welcomed? This makes no sense. 

Oh I understood!

How? Kiss butt. Tow the line. What a load of crap and power this organization has over us. Supposed to be warm and fuzzy and local, but it is not any of that. It's an app and a call center in who knows where manned and womaned by people who are overwhelmed with lots of problems that could be resolved on a local, personal level. I put up with it and try to stay focused on the personal and intimate. Just have to strike a balance. 

Wow...@James, your negativism toward Airbnb is honestly a bore. You don't have to  be a part of the Airbnb community, host or travel through Airbnb, you do have a choice. 

BOOOOOOO!

I can relate to James rant.  My first experience with AirBNB was actually outside of a club with the founders telling people

to download the app when I lived in San Francisco.  Who would have thought itd get to where it is now.  I will say AirBNB is still the leader because of social involvement but when I had some significant damage done by tenants I was left high and dry and nobody to talk to but rather only email.  I had to replace 1200 sq feet of flooring and AirBNB paid me for 120 sq feet and no labor.  I also had another tenant that had a proper ID verification according to AirBNB but after police report came back it was not even the same person, same first but fake second name was used. I liken if to the airlines, you put up with it but there is not enough loyalty that if something better comes along I won't change. With that being said overall the experience with airBNB has been lifechanging in a good way but I use all the platforms and they all have weaknesses and strengths in comparison.