What all to put in kitchen in terms for cooking?

Rahul98
Level 2
New Delhi, India

What all to put in kitchen in terms for cooking?

I am hosting for the first time.

Need information for what all needs to be provided to indian guest to cook.

Eg. Vegetables, spices etc?

Please advise.

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Rahul98 We only have cooking utensils, plates, bowls etc and the salt, pepper and cooking oil. After that its up to the guest to bring what they need if they want to cook.

Anna9170
Level 10
Lloret de Mar, Spain

@Rahul98  Vegetables, like almost any food, the guest must buy himself.... do you have a cooking surface, pans? That's enough. If you have salt and pepper and a basic set of spices and oil, it is more than enough.

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Indian guests really appreciate a rice cooker, and they’re not that expensive.

@Rahul98 Don't worry about providing ingredients. Guests appreciate finding salt, spices, and oil already there but they're going to get their own groceries if they intend to cook. When I'm traveling, one thing I'm most pleased to find in the guest kitchen is a good sharp knife. 

Then again, you've advertised your home as a place for "trippy spirits" and the listing says "enjoy your high." So if that's your angle, maybe steer clear of sharp objects...

Anna9170
Level 10
Lloret de Mar, Spain

@Anonymous  By the way, Yes, knives are usually very formal in kitchens, they are available, but they are almost always impossible to cut.))

Dear colleagues, please do not forget to sometimes monitor the inventory, it is terribly annoying when you can't even cut a piece of bread properly.