What amazing things have your guests done for you?

John833
Level 2
Skelmersdale, United Kingdom

What amazing things have your guests done for you?

Guests become friends.jpg

In the formative days of my hosting on Airbnb,  I had a trainee surgeon from Mumbai, India who come to stay with his lovely family to train at a nearby hospital.

Upon greeting them, his mum blessed my front door and said my place had a lovely feel to it. I've never had anyone bless my place before! It was such a positive blessing and a little something I treasure and will never forget. 

6 Replies 6
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@John833 

When i read surgeon and amazing, I was expecting to read a story of a throbbing appendix being whipped out or a problematic ingrown toe nail being fixed on the kitchen table, so a blessing to be honest was a bit of an anti-climax.

But glad you are tickled pink over such a friendly gesture.

John833
Level 2

Ha ha @Elana87   I can see how I led you up the garden path there!

Terri38
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Departing guests had left the place in a smelly, damp mess.  Weeks ago, I had agreed to arriving guests' early check in (noon) as I knew the departing guests had a 9am flight.  Messaged arriving guests to explain the state of the room and stress level increased when they replied "That's OK.  We arriving early." and arrived promptly at 11:15am.

I wish it was possible to give these young travelers 10 stars!
Why?  "Where is your mop?" asked one.  The other took the fresh linen and made the bed.  That's right,  pausing  only to  park their bags, they got straight to work helping me clean up!
It took the 3 of us almost 3 hours to 'rescue' that one room.

Faith in humanity was restored that day.

John833
Level 2

There is good and bad everywhere. By far the vast majority of people are good. Airbnb certainly proves this is the case for me :0)

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lovely topic @John833

Has anyone else got any nice stories? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@John833 I first  read that as Tree Surgeon and was expecting you to have had a garden makeover 😉

I like your version better than my Specsavers moment.