What amenities are considered essential where you Host?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What amenities are considered essential where you Host?

Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 16.21.22.png

Hello everyone,

I have seen many different homes, some of which are in remote areas, and some that are in busy places such as in a city. 

For all those different homes that are out there, essential amenities might differ greatly. Of course, it is also influenced on what a Host is offering, and what is available.

All travellers have different preferences, for example, one might be an adventurer looking for a remote place to stay at away from the city with only needing a bare minimum of essential amenities, and the other might just prefer that city vibe where most things are readily available. 

With that said, what amenities are considered essential where you Host?

I look forward to reading your comments 👀 

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

31 Replies 31
Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Huma0  yes, my tip would also be a mattress topper, although they are indeed a major pain to launder. Like you we have to take them into the local village and use their giant commercial machines. A memory foam mattress topper (on special, about $100) can transform most budget mattresses into a "deluxe" mattress experience, and the topper will protect the mattress from all stains, although we also put a mattress protector on them anyway. 

Yui-Hei0
Level 3
Honolulu, HI

@Quincy  We are always asked if we provide beach towels. It is important as our units are near the beach, so we make sure to provide guests with beach towels. Also, since it is hot here in Hawaii, one of the most important amenities is AC. We also offer our guests cold sparkling water and Hawaiian snacks so that they can be refreshed after a long day.