What amenity do you provide that guests rave about?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What amenity do you provide that guests rave about?

Room

Hello everyone,

It is crazy how quickly a month can fly by! The August Host Newsletter went out last week and this was the first newsletter to include comments directly from your Newsletter posts here in the CC, which is fantastic to see. If you missed it, or if you want to rejoin the thread, the discussion continues so do take a look: 'How you use your hosting income'. 🙂

We are now looking forward to the October Host Newsletter and this month's subject is: What amenity/equipment do you provide that guests rave about? 

Feel free to share photos and more comments, and we will feature some of them in the newsletter! 

I can't wait to hear more. 🙂

Lizzie

Not currently receiving the Host Newsletter? Click here to sign up.  

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

66 Replies 66

These look really neat! I have been searching for something that is more eco-friendly than the travel sized bottles. Thanks for sharing!!

Kedar-Nath0
Level 2
Jaipur, IN

We offer complimentary Pick-up and drop facility by own conveyance from Airport, welcome tea/coffee, shampoo-conditioner,etc. In case of emergency we also provide conveyance at a nominal charge for Railway station/bus stand to pick up/drop, breakfast, guidance for nearby sight seeing places,etc.

Wah! 

That's great Sir! 

Your guests would be really valuing such thoughtful gestures. 

Balaji0
Level 1
Chennai, India

We have a welcome board where we hand write the guests name. First thing many  do is theytake their picture in fornt of the board.

This is so innovative 😄

Andrew157
Level 10
Windermere, United Kingdom

According to our reviews the guests most like the identification cards for the wild garden birds which feed at the bird table outside our picture window. These were all of £1 each from a local shop. We refill the feeders before each guest checks in and will remove the peanuts from the apartment if anyone has an allergy.

We also provide a picture book of British birds and will be adding a pair of binoculars or guests to use during their stay.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is lovely @Andrew157. The scenery and wildlife in the Lake District is wonderful, it is great to hear you are enabling your guests to make the most of it. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Andrew157
Level 10
Windermere, United Kingdom

We are not offerring scenery as the property is surrounded by woodland so no views in any direction in summer

Here in the Arizona desert it is almost always hot so we have the fridge well stocked with cold and frozen water. We get a lot of appreciative comments plus it helps reduce the electric bill by keeping the fridge from running all the time if it were empty.

In addition, we keep quick meals and easy snacks like popcorn. Had guests last night that were really time-crunched for sleep and they loved pulling spaghetti noodles and sauce out of the cupboard for supper instead of having to go get food. This enabled them to get additional sleep before they travelled again and it cost us less than $1.

Tim & Holly

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6108218

Rick17
Level 2
Spartanburg, SC

Lizzie--I am new to all this.  We just started hosting last month and the bookings have been great.  I want to receive the newsletter, but the application asks for my url and I don't know where to find it.

Easisest way to get your home's URL is to go to your dashboard and click "Your Listing" then click "Preview" (to the right of your listing's picture). When your listing is diplayed go to the address bar of your browser and and copy everything to the left of the "?". It will look something like this: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6108218.

James1
Level 10
SF, CA

750 rainbow.JPG

The view from the guest penthouse 

Always have Big fire roaring in the fall, Tatami mats from Japan & so soft fluffy sheepskin rugs

cozy cozy

My guests rave about how they love the smell of cedar buring in the mornings with the fall breezes

I also hear allot that I made them feel as though they were an old friend coming for a vist

:)))))

livingroom1.JPG

Trish30
Level 2
Saratoga, CA

I provide an iPhone charging station with stand. I purchased six of them, one for each guest room and two for me, home and work. They were only about $12 each, look very nice, fit all recent models, and take the pressure off of the guest to drag along all of their charging hardware. IMG_4693.JPG

Pam16
Level 2
Orinda, CA

All my guests end up saying they love my Tiki (outdoor) Shower, even in the cold months.

Also they like my goodie basket and the next mornings breakfast of bagels, yogurt, cream cheese, fruit, juice and coffee or tea.

They love the setting - trees, hills, poolside and separateness of the cabana.

Next is the fake fireplace heater and Netflix!!