What amenity do you provide that guests rave about?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What amenity do you provide that guests rave about?

Room

Hello everyone,

It is crazy how quickly a month can fly by! The August Host Newsletter went out last week and this was the first newsletter to include comments directly from your Newsletter posts here in the CC, which is fantastic to see. If you missed it, or if you want to rejoin the thread, the discussion continues so do take a look: 'How you use your hosting income'. 🙂

We are now looking forward to the October Host Newsletter and this month's subject is: What amenity/equipment do you provide that guests rave about? 

Feel free to share photos and more comments, and we will feature some of them in the newsletter! 

I can't wait to hear more. 🙂

Lizzie

Not currently receiving the Host Newsletter? Click here to sign up.  

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

66 Replies 66
Loretta2
Level 8
Byron Bay, Australia

The garage! Parking is scarce in Bondi

and for guests who want to rent a car it's essential- saves a lot on parking fines.

Pam55
Level 1
Shanklin, United Kingdom

We always provide fresh milk, teas and coffee, a tray of goodies and fresh flowers from the garden. We try to be around to introduce ourselves and give them a quick tour of the property. We show them the garden, comfortable outdoor furniture, the swing seat  and produce  in season that is available for them to graze. We provide detailed maps of the beautiful Isle if Wight with suggested walks of various lengths. Finally we have lock up facilities for bicycles and surf boards.

Cathy93
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

I always provide locally made treats, from pralines to Zapp's potato chips, coffee and Louisiana-brewed beer.   I also

leave plenty of bottled water in the fridge, along with a bottle of wine, some cheese and crackers.  Cookies, bagels and

Hershey candies in gold and purple add to the Mardi Gras decor I have around the apartment.

Guests are always so appreciative and love the extra touches.

Darlene15
Level 1
Victoria, Canada

As a treat, I like to provide my guests with fresh fruit, locally made chocolate or snack bar, a small jar of local honey, tea from The Empress Hotel, sometimes a package of seeds from our famous Butchard Gardens or a fridge magnet by local artist.  I also provide cereal such as granola, nuts, dried fruit as well as milk and yogurt in the fridge. I supply my guests with sunhats, suntan lotion, umbrellas, flash light, first aide kit, epsom salts and other small luxury bathroom items. I provide books on local artists, local hiking and biking trails, local bird book and games like cards, scrabble, cribbage.

Barry27
Level 3
Auckland, New Zealand

mmmmmmmnnn, Hi Lizzie.

I was going to contribute but when I went to add the photo a complicated page came up asking for details, sizes of an image I hadn't even opened yet! I'd show you the page but can't send the image!! Who designed this, someone from microsoft I guess?!

In the process the piece I'd written also disappeared!

What a shame.

Good luck with it,

Baz

Our guests seem to love my home made bread and new laid eggs from our chickens -also my cakes -yes I love baking! 

Hands down...our hummingbird feeders.  We used to invite guests to view our hummingbird banding sessions, but quit doing that several years ago.  But we have loads of hummers for our guests to enjoy.  We go thru over 800 pounds of sugar annually!  It takes a lot of work to keep our hummers happy.  But it is indeed worth it. January is our peak month when we have over 1,000 hummers visiting our feeders on a daily basis.  But May is when we have at least 6 species visiting our feeders, but still have at least 600 to 800 hummers draining our feeders daily.  

Eleanor17
Level 2
Wilton, CT

I let my guests know that they can have free roam of my home, even tho they are only renting a private room and bath. They are surprised and thrilled when I show them

libraries filled with books on adventure, travel, Italy, wines, poetry and so much more. They love the twig swing in front of a wood burning fireplace , mounds of throws and pillows, antique English pine pieces. Most of all, I share the very best of Tuscan Reds and a special Toscana Tartufo cheese with fresh made Ciabatta, oo and 15 yo balsamic..

I've invested in a Queen tempurpedic mattress, down and bamboo pillows, fluffy down comforters and plush towels...

Fresh herbs and flowers are in the room with pitcher of herb/ lemon water, nut mixes, fruit...

Breakfast of the best natural granolas, organic milk and almond milk, New England coffee, fresh berries, cherry juice, Greek yogurts.. Are laid out in Italian ceramica and crisp linens...

My guests can breakfast on a cedar deck surrounded by potted flowers, herbs...with views of the gardens and forest beyond..

I’m coming to your place 😉

Sara234
Level 1
Bucine, Italy

On arrival at the Fienile cottage guests find a "Welcome Basket" with coffee, tea, biscuits, nuts, a bottle of Tuscan wine and bottled water. There is a "Welcome Binder" with information about the house and appliances, tips for things to do in the area, and information on local wineries, etc. The kitchen is VERY well equipped, with lots of plates and glasses, cooking utensils and dishtowels (it drives me crazy when a rental place has a small number of plates and glasses, or only one frying pan). Guests also get a "starter kit" of detergents for the dishwasher and washing machine, as well as utensils and soap for washing dishes by hand. In the season of mosquitoes, citronella spirals, candles and spray repellent is provided, every room has a fan, and there are screens on the windows. Bedrooms and bathrooms have "nightlights," and there is a gate on the stairs for children. In addition, we provide towels for trips to local pools, beaches or thermal baths. In short, our guests should feel they are staying in a real home, with the comforts that make a vacation successful and a trip easy - they should not feel as if they are "camping out". 

Sara at il Poggiolo Tuscany  

Sara186
Level 2
Aberdeen, WA

My guests get homemade cookies or cinnamon rolls and a pot of very good Italian French press coffee on arrival. For a full breakfast, I serve homemade bread with homemade jelly from like cal produce.  They have scented  flower shaped soaps provided, 1800 count sheets, on an 11 inch memory foam mattress. I was raised in the South, so I provide a touch of Southern hospitality with immaculately set table with very good China and antiques as well. These are the things they rave about. 

Jeff-And-Heidi0
Level 2
San Diego, CA

We have Passion fruit growing crazy and always make fresh homemade passion fruit juice for our guests while it is in season. They love it!

Do Airbnb cover you if a guest gets sick from homemade produce? 

Blagoje0
Level 10
Split, Croatia

Most of my guests have commented that amenity they rave about is me ;))

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

It is fantastic to see this discussion continues to go on and I am sure eveyone loves hearing all of the replies so do keep them coming. 🙂

Have you seen the recent Airbnb blog featuring some of these comments from this thread? 

It is amazing to see some of your names there. Great stuff! 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.