What are Your Tips for Getting More Reviews?

Monaco1
Level 3
Atlanta, GA

What are Your Tips for Getting More Reviews?

Hello and Greetings from Atlanta,

I'm new to Airbnb - I just started 10 days ago. What's the best way to encourage your guest to leave reviews? I get TONS of bookings but guest rarely leave reviews. I've only had 3 out of my 11 guest give me a review.

What strategies do you guys use to increase the chances of a guest leaving a positive review?

Thank you!

Monaco Jones

4 Replies 4
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Review them first, even before they do.

Oftentimes, after their trip and they shared an interesting point or experience, I suggest that would be cool for future guests to know.

(Disclaimer: I am not prone to write or even encourage reviews, just do so to stay aboved the 50% SH minimum; no particular reason)

Katherine-and-Suresh0
Level 2
Bristol, United Kingdom

Not all guests leave reviews.  3 out of 11 seems low, but not too low - for us I would say 7 out of 11 leave a review. Do you leave them a review? Then they get an email saying that you have and that motivates them to leave one for you. You can even say to them 'I'll leave you a good review' which might encourage them. Otherwise - you just have to keep on going and the reviews will slowly build up.  Of course people are more likely to leave reviews when they are really happy with the home - I assume your guests are happy and they are not avoiding writing reviews as they don't want to be negative? 

Valerie192
Level 10
Inglewood, CA

Do you have a Welcome Manual? In it you may want to put a little plug in for reviews to say something like "At the end of your stay, please do leave a review to let me know how your experience has been!" 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Monaco1 hm, 30% is low, we have 73% even if we are off site hosts and we also forget to review our guests sometimes. Maybe they need more personal touch, do you meet them on check in? Do you have city guides, maps, list of recommended places and restaurants etc.. for them to use? Do you explain your guests where is the nearest grocery shop or the main sqare? What is tipical dish for your area and where to taste it and stuff like that? I think it makes a big difference.

But, you started just 10 days ago, some of your guests are probably still traveling