What are some unique gifts you like to leave your guests?

Kathleen645
Level 3
Hamilton, Canada

What are some unique gifts you like to leave your guests?

gdd.jpg

We have a local donut shops that make amazing donuts fresh everyday.  We try and leave one for each of our guests that stay.  I was curious if any other people have some unique gifts they like to leave for their guests?

13 Replies 13
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Kathleen645DONUT MONSTER FTW! Nice that you're offering a treat that's good for vegans.  

I'm just down the road in Vineland, and I sometimes leave guests with local wine or beer (Bench Brewing is virtually a neighbor). I'm always hesitant to leave food, because so many people have allergies or other dietary restrictions now. 

Kathleen645
Level 3
Hamilton, Canada

great point about the food restrictions!

Ocean50
Level 6
Revesby, Australia

Due to shortage of toilet paper in Australia I leave this unique gift for my next guest, expecting at least a hand written thank note after they leave.

ESLTVpGUEAEhZZp.jpg

Is there really a toilet paper shortage in Australia right now?

@Kathleen645 

There most definitely IS. People are stocking up - God knows WHY. It's become a sort of hysteria.   Take a look at this.  This is real. The women in question were charged.  Id' like to be generous and think this behaviour was borne out of fear, but I suspect they were stockpiling to sell on at inflated prices ...

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-07/two-women-brawl-in-supermarket-over-toilet-paper/12036218?...

@Rowena29 There is another toilet paper fight, I don't know if you see this. lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iL3ISYyp8K0&t=71s

@Kathleen645  No there isn’t a shortage, people are panic buying in case they have to self isolate. Can’t run short of the essentials.

Fred185
Level 2
Windsor, CA

Just trying to see why I can't reply 

Fred185
Level 2
Windsor, CA

Does water count.  Lol

I have purchased fresh flowers before but no guests ever seems to notice or comment..so 

@Fred185  we have fresh flowers for each guest-- on the dining room table and in the bathrooms. No one ever says a word. I just like the way it looks. My husband grumbles about the added expense. 

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Local goodies.

Our cottage is located about 20 minutes from several wineries so we will often leave a bottle of wine from one of them. One of my neighbors bakes for the gourmet shop near me and her cookies are often very coveted gifts for guests. A farm near the cottage has the most delicious goat cheese (Monocacy Ash if it ever makes it your way-- best served with truffle honey. Life changing.) That has gotten a lot of guest kudos. And there are no less than three local chocolatiers within walking distance of my primary residence so guests often get to sample some goodies from them. I always ask about allergies and preferences to make sure I match the treat with the guest. 

Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

@Kathleen645 

I'm a bit like @Laura2592  - except I don't have  an  array of  groovy nearby suppliers.. I'm essentially a beach holiday, although some people are coming for seclusion/retreat.   Like Laura, I match the gift to the composition of the group ( my house can sleep up to 8).

This weekend is an extended family celebrating a birthday, I'll leave out a bottle of bubbly and make a banana cake.   I have a family bringing their Scottish relative to sight see in a few weeks so i'll leave out "australian" produce - macadamia nuts and Tim Tams.   But if I have a group of younger ones who are just going to hang out at the beach, I'll just leave out bread and maybe some eggs. I dont' ask about allergies - I have enough trouble getting basic information out of some of them like arrival time and how they want the bedrooms set up.  If they don't want it, they leave it ( doesn't happen often) I ,put quite a bit of thought into what I'll leave out, but not a lot of effort any longer, then I'm not disappointed when nothing is said, or the food is left...

Cheers

Bart205
Level 3
Chino Valley, AZ

We have a basket that we fill with single serving snacks, popcorn, trailmix, cookies, crackers and a few chocolates. 

We adjust the volume according to the number of guests.