Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What are your best tips for hosting international guests? [Updated]

Welcome

Hello Everyone,

I hope you are are having a great week. 🙂

On a daily basis you welcome guests from all over the world into you home and in doing so have gained some amazing experiences. To celebrate this, Airbnb would love to write a blog article on our community’s best tips for hosting international guests! What are yours?

Are there any particular things you have updated in your listing to help welcome folks traveling from afar or perhaps you may have adjusted your hosting to anticipate what they might need? 

Please share your best tips here and we'll include some of them in the Airbnb Blog and in the Host Newsletter! 🙂

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

-----------------------Edited Sep 15th 2017----------------------

Update:

Hello everyone,

Some time ago you may remember I created this thread here asking you to share your tips on hosting and welcoming international guests! I am pleased to let you know that a selection of tips were collected from here (along with the other CC languages) and were turned into a blog post: Hosting International Guests

I want to thank everyone who shared their tips and participated in this discussion and congratulations to @Oomesh-Kumarsingh0@Helga0@Huaai0@Momi0@Kim-and-Jen0@Louise0@Beth44@Nina115@Anastasia5@Paul154@Amy38@Josie23@Mariann4 for being included, please feel free to continue sharing your tips, it is fantastic to hear them! 🙂

Enjoy!
Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

108 Replies 108
Bruce324
Level 1
Cambria, CA

Does anyone else have issues contacting international guests who sometimes book the same day?  They often don't check the message boards and have international phone numbers that aren't set up.  Looking for suggestions from other hosts on how to best handle this so we don't get the 11:00 pm texts and phone calls.  

Thank you for sharing!

They are probably travelling and might only be using WiFi instead of expensive roaming. I have used websites that let me send a free international text message if I can't get through using my phone.

K87
Level 2
Miami, FL

Great question/idea as I never considered how an international guest my appreciate the thoughtful gesture. Thanks for sharing!

Harold75
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

I make an effort to connect with my international guests.  I research a little about where my international guest is from.  I use it as a conversation starter:  An interesting geographic highlight, animals, weather, sports,  etc. any topic but religion or politics!