What are your biggest pain points as an airbnb host?

Miles62
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

What are your biggest pain points as an airbnb host?

Hi everyone!

I am curious to learn what are your biggest pain points as an airbnb host? This can range from security for the unit, cleaning, payments, to booking, etc. I'd love to hear people's opinions!!

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

My biggest pain point is smoking guests booking a 100% no-smoking accommodation and then start to smoke inside. I can not stand such people.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Miles62   Biggest pain point is the guest who says that only 2 people and no pets will be staying and then you drive by and see that there are 6 cars in the driveway, people wandering around in the yard and dogs running everywhere.   Just tell us the truth.

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

Aside from cleaning and restocking (which is part and parcel of hosting) , I'd say the biggest pain is vetting guests. It's work.

And then, some of which seem to take offence to being asked questions like "you don't seem to have a profile or history on Airbnb. We want our guests to truly enjoy their stay, so perhaps you could tell me a bit about yourself and the nature of your visit". It's easy if their responses are blatantly obviously "off" in some way.. You know the drill. 

But when they get offended or become angry, I try to cut them off politely, but sometimes they drag it out. It gets irritating. You're not going to get the booking, so just quit while you're ahead 🤨

A close 2nd is messy guests. That's also work, but fortunately they're in the minority. 

Chris2003
Level 3
Tenby, United Kingdom

The most frustrating thing for me is when guests don't read the listing or the house rules.. and then arrive at the property in January with their swimming shorts to find the outside pool is frozen. 

Flavia202
Level 10
Kingston, Jamaica

Smokers who book a non-smoking space, @Miles62 - that's a big pain point for me!

Joel1056
Level 2
Blythewood, SC

When guests rearrange your furniture and do not return it to the original spot. A mattress moved to the floor of another room is not cool.