What are your favorite notes from your guests?

Laura_C
Level 10
Redwood City, CA

What are your favorite notes from your guests?

I thought I'd share a lovely note that my guest, Holly, left this weekend after staying with us for a night.

I host in a sweet little unit out in our shared backyard, so our guests often get the full experience of hanging out with our 3 small kids and doggie! Holly was so delightful - she settled right in and enjoyed hanging out in our local neighbourhood shops.

image (3).jpg

What are your favorite notes from your guests? 🙂

--------------------

Lead, Airbnb Core Hosts & Community

Here's my Community Spotlight!

What are your favorite notes from your guests?

26 Replies 26
Kira32
Level 10
Canary Islands, Spain

Hi @Laura_C 

The sweetest notes are from those who really went to all the places I recommend. 

One guest had such a great time on the island and seen a lot of things in 2 days and left a beautiful note. 

Kira♡

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

@Laura_C We have to say  Big thanks to all a guests who treat us as a friend. It feels so good and encourage us to still hosting.

My favorite notes are two animators who is staying with us for 2 months. 🙂 

IMG_20171129_085142.jpg

Hi @Nutth0  - WOW I love that message! So cool. I agree with @Lizzie  - you should frame it (or maybe put it on a t-shirt??)

--------------------

Lead, Airbnb Core Hosts & Community

Here's my Community Spotlight!

What are your favorite notes from your guests?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lovely topic @Laura_C

This reminds me of when I stayed in a treehouse in California. The guest book was incredible, and the host shared with me how much she loved going through the guest book after a stay. I had a  good read through and there were amazing artworks, poems and my particular favourite a maths algorithm for spotting rabbits! haha

It was all very inspirational, but added the pressure for my entry. 🙂 

@Nutth0, this is wonderful, are you going to frame it so future guests can enjoy it too? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Jeremy100
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Found this on returning to our home.  Funny thing was is that we don’t have a dog.  Gave the chap 5* anyway for imagination.

61417028-15A0-44BA-850B-FC617C767057.jpeg

Jeremy100
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

He stayed with us again a few months later and left this note.  The difference this time was that we did and it was!

B56CF015-660A-4875-AC1A-44DAA5E2DA9A.jpeg

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hi @Laura_C

My very first guest was a super host whose best advice to me was to ditch the visitor book.

“You want your guest to compliment you through a review. If they do it in a note or card, they often think they’ve already done it, so no review.........

But this little chalk response is too cute not to share.586E6F6B-3EA8-4279-919A-976A8CA59130.jpegA6CD4E29-E107-4054-B220-4CEE14E991C9.jpeg

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Guest Jo left a quick sketch of my beloved, & co-host:eclipse 16.7.19 Ben sketch 003.JPG

It's now on the door of the fridge. And she DID leave a most excellent 5* review!

One of our best notes:

4685a124-cced-4ab1-9cf4-799383a496dc.jpg

I’ve always had a “sign this book” available to have my guests tell about their journey and what lead them to our town. 

Best part is being able to read through and be able to remember them once they leave. I wouldn’t want to change that just to ensure a review. Most guests do their homework and leave a review!

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

One of my favourite notes @Laura_C @Carol-and-Bernie0 @Tim-and-Holly0 @Pablo629 @Helen350 is when a guest was staying in my home after an operation check up, she had minimal voice due to a medical misadventure operation.

She had to write to communicate as it was too painful to try talk, her whisper was in fact the loudest she could and can still talk.

She's been one of the most inspiring delightful guests I've ever had.

Little things mean a lot to all who are differently enabled for whatever reason, sometimes a hug means more than words in writing, other times writing may mean more than speaking and then there's those who have dyslexia, head or other injuries who find writing a challenge.

We all have our means of expressing gratitude, treasure those means of communications, notes, cards, sketches, hugs.

All the best

Jenifer65
Level 2
Smith Center, KS

We have been hosting about 2 years at our farmhouse in the country.  We had no idea so many people would be willing to drive the extra miles to get here.  Here is my most recent review.  We have had nothing but great guests:

"Experience the peace and quiet of country living with more comforts than you'll find in an expensive posh hotel. This is a beautifully remodeled old farm home that will make you want come back again and again."