What are your listing's bathroom essentials?

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

What are your listing's bathroom essentials?

Jenny_0-1656940981657.jpeg

Hello everyone!

There’s no better feeling than arriving at your destination, after a long journey, and being able to get freshened up in the bathroom. 

As a Host, you’ll want your guests to feel comfortable and clean, and providing some toiletries is a great way to do that. It’s also great for people who might have forgotten to pack their shower gel or shampoo!

What are your listing’s bathroom essentials?

Do you stock up on locally made soap, provide organic products, or maybe you have a strict budget and look for the best high street bargains?

Please let us know in the comments!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

22 Replies 22
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Jenny  I provide a sanitized bathroom, fluffy towels and a nice bacterial hand soap.  I do not provide personal hygiene products like shampoo, conditioner, body soap or body wash.  Why?  When I first started hosting (years and years ago) I had a guest who claimed that my bath products caused her to have an allergic reaction.  Very expensive and hard to deny.  All products are wrapped or sealed in some fashion including the toilet roll, dish detergent, sink sponge, etc.

We provide a wall mounted soap, conditioner and Shampoo dispenser in each shower.  This cuts down on the plastic use as well as cluttering up the shower with bottles.  We also leave some Q tips and cotton balls.  Bath towels, hand towels as well as wash cloths.  

Karen

Is good to join this conversation, because host can learn a lot, guests are not so easy to manage. I always tried to buy the best quality of bathroom essentials the hands soap, dispenser, towels , body soap i always have,head and shoulders, and Neutral specially developed for sensitive skin, for guests who might need it IMG_20220707_190436.jpg

The hand soap, dispenser hand sanitizer.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Jenny 

4 years ago I bought 3 cartons of Dove moisturising soap on Ebay. In each carton there was 144  packs and in each pack there was 6 boxed cakes of soap......that is a total of 2,592 boxed cakes of Dove soap I have here. If I was hosting till 135 years of age I would still have enough Dove soap to keep me going. They cost me 8c per boxed soap so every guest guests one......

IMG20180212143925 aa.jpg

I am literally swimming in bloody Dove soap.....

IMG20181103205719.jpg

But I guess my main essential is my shower screen! I had two shower doors broken in the space of 6 weeks! The guest would drop the flexible shower head, it would hit the door and crack the glass, so I put in an electric roller shower screen.......

IMG20210927104654.jpg 

Just push the button on the wall and away it goes. Solved all my problems and being semi rigid it doesn't try to strangle you like a shower curtain and, it's not going to break.

Guests think it's cool and it works so well I put one in our main bathroom as well.....

IMG20210927144537.jpg

For me Jenny, definitely a bathroom essential!

Cheers.......Rob

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's a LOT of soap @Robin4 !  Still though, it's great that you can make sure your guests have some nice soap for each stay.  I love the scent of Dove so I'd be super happy to have that provided during a stay.

I hadn't heard of an electric shower curtain before - what a cool idea!  

-----

Nice!

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

We have wall mounted dispensers with shampoo and bodywash in all the shower rooms and bathroom.  I’ve just installed a triple dispenser in my own bathroom and it would seem that conditioner is too think to squirt through 🤔

Hand towels, bath towels, face cloths, makeup wipes, bath mats and hand wash at the sink.

In the bathroom (with  the bath not just shower) I leave rubber ducks, bath soak, non slip bath mat, baby powder, baby lotion and cotton buds.,

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

I love that you leave rubber ducks, @Amanda660 - the perfect finishing touch for a bubble bath!

-----

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Jenny,

No high street shopping for me.  I get most of my supplies from membership warehouse stores (in-person and online) or Amazon.  Guests receive common brand liquid and soap, lotion, body wash, shampoo and conditioner.  The laundry machines are also in the bathroom, so we supply detergent, fabric softener, bleach and stain remover.  We provide dark make-up towels for face washing, and standard white hospitality towel sets (wash, hand and bath).  All are in refillable bottles.

Our guest suite guests receive regular liquid hand soap, lotion, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, dark make up towels and standard white hospitality towel sets (wash, hand, and bath), bath mat, shower curtain and liner, toothbrush holder, bar soap holder, and razor cup.  The shower head in the  tub/showers has four different spray patterns, and a rainfall shower head in the shower stall.  The washing machine and spin dryer are also in the bathroom, and we supply washing detergent, fabric softener, bleach, stain remover, laundry basket, drying rack and pins/pegs.  Also, the iron, mop and bucket, toilet boil brush and cleaning fluid, and a small trash bin.  Our apartment is stocked similarly, but the laundry amenities are not in the bathroom.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's amazing, @Debra300! Everything a guest could possibly need!

-----

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Jenny,

Ha, I repeated myself!  Some guests use only the toiletries that we supply, and others bring their own body wash, lotion, shampoo and conditioner.  The ones who do laundry usually use what we supply.

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Jenny we started out with all the little packaged hotel soaps conditioners body wash shower cap combos,but now we supply a lovely human size soap ,shampoo and conditioner in squirty bottles that can be refilled .Towels , hand towels face washers and shaving towel . Plus hand sanitizer and lovely scented hand wash .The soaps we are currently supplying are a hit . They have a lot of essential oils and rather than people simply pilfering them along with the toilet rolls they are using them .H

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

I love the sound of the soaps!  What scents have you been using?  Have you noticed if there's a scent that your guests favour?

-----