What are your questions on how Airbnb search works?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What are your questions on how Airbnb search works?

Search.png

Hello everyone,

I imagine many of you in the past have explored this detailed Q&A, where we asked the team behind Airbnb Search some of the most popular questions from the Community Center. We would like to go back to the team and ask them some more recent question on how Airbnb's search function works.

We will be including some frequently asked questions we have spotted, but we also wanted to check if you have any general search questions you would like them to answer.  

What do you want to know about how Airbnb's search function works?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

51 Replies 51

@Alexandra199  Every host gets those prodings to use price tips. Just ignore them. They are only pestering if you allow them to be. We have no info on what exactly affects our search placement or how much weight various things are given by the search algorithm. Airbnb seems unwilling to give clear answers on this.

Kaylene5
Level 2
Tuscaloosa, AL

Hello, my Airbnb experience was just accepted. Where do I go to find answers about hosting an experience. I offered to host at 7 pm, but Friday through Sunday want to offer multiple times.

Kofi7
Level 2
Accra, Ghana

Hello there.  

I'm a new airbnb host and wanted to ask a new question but cant figure out where to post it. Anyway I negotiated with a guest on host fees during a pending reservation. How do I/guest edit the host fee to the new agreed fee? Thank you. 

Wendie2
Level 2
Oconomowoc, WI

Is there a way for us to know how many views our site receives? Be nice if we had a view/book percentage. That way we could measure how to up our game. I’m new to this. Thanks!

@Wendie2  Go to your Progress page- click on "Views". You'll see your # of views per day and your booking rate. Usually the current day and a few days previous will be flatlined, but that's just because it takes the system a few days to catch up, don't ask me why.

But I don't see much use in the booking rate. If you live in a busy area where lots of people book, and there are many listings, you might get tons of views, but a low booking rate. In my case, where there are tons of listings, but not so many in my category (private room with private bath, kitchen use and a budget price) I have a fairly high booking rate during high season- guests who manage to find my place in search often end up booking it.

And anytime a friend, family member, or another host on the forum here look at your listing, that's a view that doesn't result in a booking, so the rate will go down.

Patrick1326
Level 1
Santa Rosa, CA

I want to make a special offer to a guest, but want all fees inclusive in the price. 

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Patrick1326 are you sure you want that kind of demanding guest? I am sure you have your prices set up for a reason. Guests who ask for discounts tend to be more demanding even though they get a cheaper price than the ones who book for the regular price.