What are your tips for a simple hosting routine?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What are your tips for a simple hosting routine?

Simple hosting routine.jpg

Hey there,

I know life can be really busy, and we often hear in the Community Center that you are having to juggle many things at the same time. This is often where having a handy hosting routine can be a great help!

We’ve had many great conversations about what you do to make hosting easier and more time efficient. I thought it would be great to bundle a few together, as there are some amazing tips:  Here are a few highlights:

Managing your time during peak season / What’s on your Pre-Check-in check list? / Message templates

• @Alexandra316  mentioned that during busy seasons she has “a really great cleaner who takes care of cleaning when [she is] not able to, and found a laundry service to take care of sheets and towels.”  
  • @Ioannis21 said “Although we are new hosts we try to automate things as much as  possible...We have created message templates for almost everything and we have saved them in the messaging system . This saves time and shows an organised host. We update them regularly... "

There are a variety of methods that can help you to host, including many time saving tools or devices. From setting up saved message templates to potentially spreading the load with a co-host or even hiring a cleaner. Different things work for different hosts.

Do any of these sound familiar to you? Have you managed to get into a good hosting routine and if so what methods have you found the most useful? 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. 

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

33 Replies 33
Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

Good stuff, My wife and I keep paper day planners on each space, its instant verification of important basic details and isnt dependent on a battery or AC Power and you can use it while your on the phone with a confused and sometimes anxious guest.  I also find the prepared messages to be a huge help and responding immediately whenever possible the best way to keep folks advised and make sure I don't miss anything.  Their stays are short, so is their attention span if you deal with issues immediately.  One warning, if your doing so on a phone, watch auto-correct, it can mess your day up bad!  Ha ha, Safe Travels and Stays, JR

Irene838
Level 1
Cibolo, TX

I have 3 Bed and Voucher rooms, the voucher can be used next door we have a food hall that has 6 restaurants, coffee shop and a brewery.  My question is do I need to establish a

web page or just post directly to Airbnb?  Also do I need to get my own cc accounts set up for payment?

Stephanie2311
Level 1
Houston, TX

I am thinking of renting my home on airbnb. I don't have a lot of clutter, and am curious how much do you have to remove from your home?  Armoires with extra dishes and candles... can that stay?  Does every drawer have to be cleaned out, closet etc ...

Jo620
Level 4
Wokingham, United Kingdom

Hi Steph,

Firstly I have a busy work life with working in a school and running my sidekick  saving money business from home.I find starting two days proir checkin ,this helps me by 

making the bed and clearing my stuff  and hoover out on the first day.2nd day I would clean ensuite and all other surfaces. Put clean towels  down and refreshments are topped up, adding my drinks water bottles. milks etc.I make sure my guests have everything they need.I also leave a key in the key lock and near the time i would communicate mentioning the code for the key and discuss arrival times. They have two menus sheets for close by restaurants.