What are your travel plans in 2020?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What are your travel plans in 2020?

398988_GettyImages-508541916_ForYou.jpg

Hi everyone,

The beginning of a new year is a great time to plan ahead: we think of our new year resolutions, things that we want to accomplish but also where we want to go and what we want to see! 

I'm still saving up personally as my next planned trip is Australia so no travel this year, however @Anna has the following planned:  "Apart from a few trips back home, for my birthday I am going to Amsterdam and in the autumn I am planning to explore Greece."

Have you planned out your travel destinations for 2020 yet or do you prefer to book spontaneously - last minute? What destinations are a must for you this year? 

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

18 Replies 18
Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

It will be a very busy travel year here. This month going to Charlottesville VA to visit my niece in college. March has my husband going to San Diego for a wedding. May is a trip to Denmark and Sweden. July we are hosting family for a week and spending some time on the Eastern Shore of Maryland to eat some crabs and hang out in a beach cottage. September we are going to El Paso to visit in laws. October is a weekend trip for my sister's birthday-- not sure where yet. November is a trip for my birthday, location TBD. And holidays? I will be too worn out!

Trevor243
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

As a holiday provider, holidays are what other people have, not what I have .....

If business continues to grow, I can hire someone to run the office for me, handle the bookings and guest enquiries .... and then, maybe, just maybe, I can go away .... but there are a couple of other issues .... one, I live in paradise and I'm very happy here .... two, I'm single, so less inclined to travel, just not fussed .... if I had a partner or a travel buddy, then I'd be more likely to travel ....

I do actually have a "possible holidays list" for next winter .... I'd like to see the Northern Lights .... a German Christmas market .... skiing .... a long weekend somewhere sunny .... it's the same winter holiday list every year though ....

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Think it's been nearly a decade of me saying to visit Christmas markets @Trevor243 ... we are in the same boat!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Trevor243
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@StephaniePick one, let's go!

Trevor243
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@StephanieAfter posting yesterday, I was looking at flights and holidays .... it'll be at least 5-6 hours from leaving home to being on a plane at Gatwick ready for take-off .... that's if all public transport works .... car, ferry, train, get through security / passport control, wait, wait, wait, wait ...... and then it's 3 or more hours before getting out of the airport at the other end .... and got to do it all again on the way back .... then I got bored .... the travel part of it is a bit of a drag, especially on your own .... I did Finland 2 years ago, walking on the frozen sea, toboganing  .... was ok, but nothing special enough to make me want to bother again ....

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

I think my answer is wot @Trevor243 said! - Tho' as a spare room letter, I COULD just shut up shop for a couple of weeks, if I could be bothered....... I USED to ski & scuba, both things conducive to single people, package ski hols run guided tours, & scuba outfits buddy everyone up as standard. But I'm not leaving the dog..... I've traveled the world... not S.America.... these days I'm content to travel by proxy.... by welcoming guests from all over; over 40 countries so far.....

we had some Russian guests recently, and in the period where I was travelling the world working they couldn't travel at all.

The chap says to me "and now the world comes to see you".

Great isn't it 👍

Trevor243
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Helen350Glad I'm not the only one!

I've only been skiing twice - once when I was at school, and once 11 years ago. Loved it. In 2008, I spent a lot of time looking for a suitable skiing holiday for me and my son. Every holiday I looked at said "we take your kids into ski school so you and your partner can take yourselves off up the slopes". That was no good to me as I was beginner level and needed ski school myself. I think skiing is only good for single people if you can ski already and have travel buddies.

And like you, I don't like leaving the dogs .... I know they'd have a great time with my friend and her dogs, they've stayed there before, but they are the best company in the world!

Brugge at Christmas if I had  a chance.

Once stayed in Brugge through my work, and never ventured into the old city. Filed it away mentally as a dump.  More fool me.

Then last year travelling with No1 son to see relatives in Holland and see some bike racing he blagged a 5* hotel room right in the centre of the old town. Hotel Pielmart I think it was.

Wow!  What a magical city that is.

Isle of Man for the TT 9 or ten days usually.  Campsite at Gen Wyllin.   Hideous ferry prices for a bike around the TT.   Might try and get to the Classic TT on the Island later.

British superbikes at Assen in Holland, staying with relatives. I have just realised their place would make an outstanding Airbnb ….. 🤔

*sends referral link*

Beth80
Level 10
State of Roraima, Brazil

I'll be shutting down the guest rooms in a few weeks and heading to the States for 4 months. We're getting two new grandbabies this spring!!! They are a large part of why I rent my rooms, travel money. 🙂

Clair16
Level 2
Mossyrock, WA

We will be joining  friends for our first trip to Europe! A 3 week holiday to  Croatia and Greece! We are spending all of our nights in Airbnb’s I believe by here will be 6 total. It is so hard to pick which ones to stay in. There are so many that look so amazing! 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Clair16 , have you looked up those who contribute to ABB CC who live in those places ?
There's some great people who you can meet up with.

Perhaps use related keywords in the Searchbox here in CC and see who and what pops up and send them a message even if you aren't staying in their home for whatever reason and share stories, a meal  and meet new friends in person.

All the very best

well iam travelling to k2 base camp second most bigger mountain in the world after mounteverist.trip will be planned in may june season as its the summer season only when you can travel pakisan and visit northern area for the base camp adventure.