What are your travel plans in 2020?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What are your travel plans in 2020?

398988_GettyImages-508541916_ForYou.jpg

Hi everyone,

The beginning of a new year is a great time to plan ahead: we think of our new year resolutions, things that we want to accomplish but also where we want to go and what we want to see! 

I'm still saving up personally as my next planned trip is Australia so no travel this year, however @Anna has the following planned:  "Apart from a few trips back home, for my birthday I am going to Amsterdam and in the autumn I am planning to explore Greece."

Have you planned out your travel destinations for 2020 yet or do you prefer to book spontaneously - last minute? What destinations are a must for you this year? 

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

18 Replies 18
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Alveera0 @Stephanie @Clair16 @Beth80 @Trevor243 

@everyone-else

I'd love to travel to St Helen, Auckland in the UK!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Helen_Auckland

As a fun exercise I looked this place up when looking for a local street name and blow me down this map popped up.

Darn Google sure do track us  and our online movements don't they to come up with such details?

Do any of you plan to visit places with the same name as oneself?

It would be quite a  fun thing to do and meet up with like minded people with the same name and from the same named locations throughout the world.

It makes one stop and wonder where those before us traveled around the world and what they contributed to in our communities.

Happy and safe traveling fellow ABB Folk

Central To All Home & Location

Remuera, Auckland, New Zealand

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Despite personally not finding the promised 'Australian amazing summer' waiting for us when we arrived in Sydney earlier this year, @Stephanie, I'm putting it down to bad luck, and hope you have it a little better.

Because of our luck (hoping not to jinx myself), I'm already planning (I love a holiday Excel) three weeks in Thailand on 2 January (yes, I'm that far ahead) and it's incredible what you can get from in terms of Airbnbs. A beachfront villa for six with a chef for £200 a night? I'll have some of that.

Before then is Tel Aviv/Jerusalem (more Airbnbs) in June and a sneaky week in Spain just as soon as the kids finish their summer holidays in Sept.

Public Sector careers don't come with too many perks, but 34 holiday days takes the pain away.  

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Gordon0 @Stephanie @Helen427 @Alveera0 @Clair16 it's not so glamorous but a week in France at October half term.

Our first family holiday in forever and we've got a family friend booked to sit for the menagerie.

I'm a keen believer in the people you're with make holidays, not the destination, @Mike-And-Helen0. Although if it's a week of cats and dogs indoors playing Scrabble...