What category is my listing? Entire house or apartment?

Crystal98
Level 2
Guelph, Canada

What category is my listing? Entire house or apartment?

Hello everyone,

I'm new to airbnb, put my listing up a couple weeks ago. I'm struggling with how airbnb is categorizing my home. I live in a house and I am renting out the basement apartment, so there is a shared entrance. When I go through the options from airbnb I end up calling my listing "Entire House", but it really isn't. I also don't want to say that my place is an apartment in a residential multi-plex. Was wondering if someone could have a look at my listing and give me some feedback.

Thank you,

Crystal

5 Replies 5
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Crystal98 Dear Friend I would describe the space that your are renting as an entire apartment simply because you are only renting a part of your house not the entire place so i would advice you to change the description of your listing from entire house to entire apartment in order to be accurate and not mislead your guests which could actually create some troubles between you and your future guests.Good luck!!!

Thank you so much for your response. I agree I don't want any confusion with guests, so I have changed it to "entire apartment". I appreciate your feedback.

@Crystal98 The pleasure is all mine!

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Tough one.

If there is a lockable door protecting their apartment, I would also say Entire home.

The apartment is seperate, 100% private bath, bedroom and living area.

That they pass through your main door does not deter from the fact that it is an entire place.

Apartment buildings have hallways leading to apartments. These hallways are used by the public, your house is similiar.

It is important that you maintain respectful indepence of the guests as they come through your entry door. Try to be absent or limit greeting to "Hi" as they pass.

Thanks for your feedback. I agree there is a public space before entering the apartment area. Listing it as an entire apartment with shared entrance is probably best.