What currency (if any) is this: ₹6680?

Caroline14
Level 2
Nuremberg, Germany

What currency (if any) is this: ₹6680?

What this strange 'currency' is that shows up instead of EURO. It is confusing to say the least. My page is in EURO (sonetimes shows $$$ till it gets itself sorted but ₹6680????!!!! What is that and why does it keep showing up? I want my Euro back! ;o)

Thanks for any help...

20 Replies 20
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Caroline14,

It looks like it is the Indian Rupee.  To get your Euro back, go to the bottom of the page and select EUR.

rupee.png

currency.png

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thanks - but which page do I have to be on to go to the bottom and find EURO?

@Caroline14, the main first page bottom.

Thanks Oliver - found it! ;o) But still lookin gfor an answer to the samll rectangle! ---> ₹1234

Hi @Caroline14,

It should be at the bottom of most Airbnb pages.  You should just change it to EUR and all should be good.  You would be paid in Euro in any event.  I don't know what you are referring to "small rectangle".

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

When Airbnb write to tell me I have a reservation, the currency shows this rectangle, then the numbers as follows ... ₹1234. Wen teh booking goes thru, I can then read it all in Euros but until then, all I get is this rectangle - no letters as in GBP (Great Britain) or USD (United States Dollar) or INR (Indian Rupee). I get no letters - just a rectangle! It doesn't mean a thing and it's very frustrating!

Could you do a screencapture of it @Caroline14?

David

See next ...

Hi Its not The Sign rectangle but its the indian alphabet sign for money.

Ok so why is Airbnb sending me the price I will be earning in INDIAN alphabet symbols?????????

@Caroline14,

Please refer to my post from earlier: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/What-currency-if-any-is-this-6680/m-p/18479/highlight/tr...

Dave

David

Screen shot 2016-01-14 at 8.43.04 PM.png

Ha ha! So I managed to attach a screen shot to show what I am talking about. Does anyone know what the rectangle means (now looking like a square) in front of the 'amounts' shown above??? This is what I get from Airbnb when they write to tell me what I will earn! With no particular currency displayed, I have no idea what they are talking about!

Hi @Caroline14,

Usually those little boxes take the place of something like an image or text in which a browser does not recognize.  I would contact Airbnb because I can see your concern - is it $9812 USD or $9812 EUR?  How can you pre-approve something when you have no idea what the currency is.  I am curious though how you came up with the  ₹ symbol?  Where did it show this?

David

I am curious that you don't seem to be able to see what I see! Can you not see the square symbol in the screen shot? I didn't 'come up with it.' That is what Airbnb sent me in their own email to me! I wouldn't be curious about it if I had come up with it myself!!! 

Tell me - how does one contact Airbnb these days. This is as far as I can get - to the 'community!'

There are no set questions/answers that fit my situation and that I can 'click' on!

Thanks Dave & Deb,

Caroline