What do I do wrong?

Magdalini2
Level 2
Heraklion, Greece

What do I do wrong?

Dear airbnb community,

I am sort of newbie in the airbnb world. Since 2019 I offer hosting and in 2019 I had a dynamic start.

I had no guests since then and I wonder if I miss something.

The cosy Mirabello Sea House is so well situated very comfortable and pleasant and I take care all the details especially all that has to to the cleanliness. It is fully furnished, fully equipped and mainly in very reasonable cost.

Could someone advise what should I do to increase somehow my visibility and potentiality to get reservations?

How could I potentially increase the popularity of my residence?

cheers,

Magdalini Chatzaki

Magdalini Chatzaki
18 Replies 18

@Magdalini2 I don't think it's just for that but the photos are not good. If you have such a beautiful view I would highlight it more in the first photo. They are also really too many and confusing, I would put a maximum of 30/40 (less if it is a small house, anyway few photos of the surroundings) trying to make sense of their location. I'd put up a floor plan of the house. You can search here in the old posts (up "Search in the community"), many times there has been talk of photos and there you will find many tips.

I have no time to think more now and see deeply your ad but sure you will receive many more suggestions.

Good luck!

Thank you @Gianni265

for your valuable comments.

I will put some effort to take care of the photos of my ad.

thank you,

Magdalini Chatzaki

@Magdalini2 thanks for your message. I don't suggest using your last name here. It's a security matter. I think community managers would recommend it too. 

I' ll be more carefull from now on.

Thanks

Magdalini Chatzaki

Yes, I agree with Gianni265. It's a beautiful place and you are an attentive host. Photos by a professional photographer. To give it that WOW factor! The photographer will have the wide angle cameras and the extra lighting you it needs.

Also as a new host, you need not only the income but the reviews are key.

I would give a "September Special" pricing until you have at least 10 reviews.

Good luck Magdalini2!

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Magdalini2 Have you logged on as a traveller and searched for similar sized accommodation in your area? It may be you are just too expensive but only you will be able to compare what each listing offers.

Dear @Mike-And-Jane0,

thank you for your suggestions. Well, I have checked year around and Mirabello Sea House is very competitive in price with the rest of vacation rentals of the area.

Thank you anyway for your kind help.

Magdalini Chatzaki
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Magdalini2 If your price is competitive have these other listings got availability? If they have then I guess it is just a lack of travellers to your area.

Deaar @Mike-And-Jane0

Mirabello area, Agios Nikolaos and Elounda are of the most famous destinations of the island of Crete. Most of the travelers who visit Crete, visit the area. Mirabello means "beautiful view" the sea side of the area has a fantastic view. So I am concerned that something is missing in my listing... Thanks anyway though for you thoughts. 

Magdalini Chatzaki
Katja202
Level 10
Ruinen, Netherlands

Hi @Magdalini2 

I am also a newbie on Airbnb and what i did the first couple of weeks is read read read read what Airbnb is giving on tips and information. I see a lot of pictures. I think to much and a lot of pictures have the same subject. Airbnb gives a lot of advice about how to take pictures. Your place is beautifull and you should get bookings with that kind of place. Perhaps start a bit lower in price so that you gat bookings and get your first three reviews. Once you get the reviews rolling so will the bookings is my experience. Perhaps you can even think of hiring a Airbnb photographer. I think the settle it with your booking income. But perhaps you can ask through the helpcentre how this works exactly. But what helped me a whole lot is really read read read all the info you can find on this website. Hope you get bookings soon.

success

Groetjes Katja

Thank you Katja for your kind words. So what I keep from you advise is that reviews are key to the progress of the house. I will refresh the photos and keep on working on it.

Magdalini Chatzaki
Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

11-th of the Knight rules: Patience.

🙂

@Magdalini2 ciao!

Secondo me ci sono veramente troppe foto e alcune doppie; togli i doppioni e scegli solamente quelle più belle ( come la matrimoniale con lenzuola gialle) poi metti le foto degli esterni tutte insieme. Infine crea una o più guide. Per il prezzo non so aiutarti non conosco la zona, forse potresti provare a diminuire un poco l'importo delle pulizie.  

Dear @Elisa2365 

thank you for the advise. The photos are critical. I am working on it.

Thank you

Magdalini Chatzaki