What do guests appreciate?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

What do guests appreciate?

Well, summer is on the way, and one of our drawcards as far as guests are concerned is our garden...Not too many guests don't make some mention of the garden in their reviews.

Personally I hate gardening!!! To me, it was never one of lifes ambitions to end up on my hands and knees with a bloody gardening trowel in my hand!

And the daunting thing is there is more than half an acre of it here to keep under control.

But I don't look at the 'big picture'......I would slit my throat if I did. I just pick a small area at a time and say, 'that is my project for today' .

Here was todays project when I took this photo at 2.30 this afternoon........

IMG20180910143205.jpg

and this was three hours later when I reckoned I had earned a red wine or two!

IMG20180910173205.jpg

This was yesterdays project........

IMG20180909154454.jpg

It's all like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle...I just take on a bit at a time, and guests really do enjoy being a part of it. Particularly the many Asian guests we have had who live in apartment buildings and never get to sit in a garden!

I hate it but, at the end of the day I love it, I love being able to sit back and say....I did that!

Tomorrow, another piece of the jigsaw.....bring it on!

Cheers.......Rob

19 Replies 19
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww good on you @Robin4. Just keep in sight the thought of nice barmy evenings outside in your garden enjoying your handy work (hopefully with a nice cool beverage and some jazz!) 

I did a bit of gardening this weekend, well nothing on this scale, I have a small piece of grass and some pot plants...but I can't tell you how nice it is to look out of the window and see it now. 🙂

How is it going?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lizzie

I got myself a 'selfie stick' and I am going to video a few tracks and put them on Vimeo for you.

I have been wanting to do this for a while but have been so tied up with other things that the opportunity has not presented itself.....stand by!

You are right Lizzie and I do feel the same, I look at the garden and can't get motivated, there is just so much to do and then....I just pick out a little patch and go for it and when I am finished I am so proud of it.

Last night Ade and I sat up the back with our beverage or two until it got dark and talked about our grand plans and the finer details of our summer garden this year and, as much as I say I hate it, I am looking forward to it!

Tomorrow, I attack some of the rose garden!

Cheers......Rob

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That sounds really nice @Robin4 and glad to hear you are already spending time in it. Is the weather starting to get a little warmer now with you?

Yes, I would love to hear more of your tracks. Definitely send those my way, once you find some time to record them. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Linda-And-Richard0
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

@Robin4Your garden is lovely. The wheel barrow is a nice touch.  I love the plants on our patio and many of our guests have commented that they too have enjoyed that aspect of our property.  With nearly 2 acres, we spend lots of time and energy working outside. We don't have koalas in Texas but we do have a large number of deer in the area.  Our guests often arrive to find the deer bedded down in the front yard.   I've never been to Australia but it is on my Bucket List.

@Linda-And-Richard0

Houston is an official 'sister city' to Adelaide, our state capital, and we share an enormous amount of warmth and respect for Texans and the lone star state. In fact we have that warmth for all Americans.

During the darkest days of WW2 in 1941 the British had just lost two of their capital ships, the Prince of Wales and the Repulse in the pacific and the British Prime Minister of the time Winston Churchill suggested Australia should fall to the Japanese so the colonial forces could be better deployed on the European front defending England.

My father was stationed in Milne Bay and Goodenough Island when the Americans came in with more might and power than the rest of the allies could have mustered in years and you guys saved us. You didnt have to, but you did. The tide of the war turned and this country of ours never saw the enemies foot on our soil.

We will never forget that, we don't forget our friends. You may not always be right but your hearts are in the right place and no matter where you are in conflict be it here on on Mars we will be there behind you.

So.....remember that and keep us on your 'Bucket List'!!

Cheers.....Rob